Administration Support Officer (Information & Support Centre)
Milton, Brisbane, QLD
- Attractive remuneration of $30-$32k (24 hours per week) plus super!
- Salary sacrificing options and FBT concessions!
- Convenient Milton location, close to public transport!
- Genuine opportunities for career growth and upward career progression!
About the Organisation
Lung Foundation Australia is a national, not-for-profit organisation based in Brisbane. Their vision is to ensure that lung health is a priority for all in Australia and to promote lung health by:
- Educating the community in lung health and early detection of lung disease;
- Reducing the burden of lung disease in the community through patient and carer support;
- Influencing public policy, through advocacy across all levels of government; and
- Raising funds for medical and scientific research.
The Lung Foundation Australia National Office employs about 21 professional/administrative staff, supported by a team of dedicated volunteers.
About the Opportunity
Lung Foundation Australia has a fantastic opportunity for a part-time Administration Support Officer to join their Information & Support Centre team in Milton, Brisbane.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will primarily be responsible for providing support to patients and their carers via the telephone facility of the Information & Support centre (there is no face to face interaction with the patients and carers). You will also be responsible for providing general administrative support as required across the whole organisation.
More specifically, your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Answering telephones and managing online enquiries;
- Providing callers with contacts for patient support groups and relevant organisations and programs;
- Sending disease-specific information resources to patients/carers and health professionals;
- Record keeping via an enquiry management (CRM) database;
- Interrogating the database to generate reports for a range of ad-hoc tasks;
- Updating and maintaining the CRM database to ensure accuracy of patient, health professional and other stakeholder records; and
- Assisting with administration duties including booking venues, organising catering and equipment, arranging travel and taking minutes.
To be considered for this role you will have prior experience in a customer service/administration position, preferably experience within a community health organisation. It is essential that you have strong written and verbal communication skills and are able to have an empathetic approach to conversations. Your ability to learn quickly and desire to help others and adapt will be looked upon favourably. There will be a significant amount database administration, so prior experience will be highly regarded.
For more information about this role, please see the attached position description here.
About the benefits
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious, enthusiastic and driven individual who's ready to take the next step in their career. With a history of internal mobility and developing key performers, a career with Lung Foundation Australia will enable the right candidate to reach their potential and grow with the organisation.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you'll be provided with an attractive salary of $30-32k plus super (24 hours per week), plus salary sacrificing options and FBT concessions.
Working in a family friendly and people focused organisation, you'll enjoy a flexible environment that nurtures and supports you! You'll also benefit from a convenient Milton location, with public transport close by.
If you have a ‘can do’ attitude, the ability to work collaboratively in a small team environment, a demonstrable commitment to Lung Foundation Australia values and a determination to succeed, this could be the role for you!
Please note: applications close at 5pm AEST on the 13th January 2017