Montessori-trained Classroom Teacher (Cycle 3)
- International teaching opportunity in Melbourne, Australia!
- Exceptionally well-resourced Montessori school teaching Cycle 3 (9-12 years)
- Highly supportive community - positive learning environment
- Teach in a classroom where individual development and respect amongst children are encouraged!
- Applications from all Montessori trained teachers welcome!
Are you a Montessori Teacher looking for a global opportunity?
Melbourne Montessori School has an exciting opportunity for a qualified Montessori-trained Classroom Teacher based in Melbourne, Australia, commencing 2017.
It will be your responsibility to provide the best possible Montessori learning environment, creating a positive attitude to learning and education for each child in your class, consistent with the ethos of Montessori. This is a Cycle 3 position, teaching students between the ages of 9 and 12 years.
More specifically, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Providing a dynamic and inviting learning environment;
- Planning and delivering teachings to the National Montessori Curriculum requirements;
- Being sensitive to students' personal, social or organisational needs;
- Maintaining communication with parents concerning student progress; and
- Keeping accurate observations and assessment records for ongoing student progress.
Melbourne Montessori School is welcoming applications from experienced Montessori-trained teachers of all levels. You'll be adaptable and able to engage children and parents from a wide range of backgrounds. You'll be up to date with developing your curriculum and resources, with an interest in ongoing professional development.
This role will suit a Teacher who demonstrates warmth, patience and a caring manner, and who is ready and willing to pitch in and become a vital part of the Melbourne Montessori School team! You will have the right philosophy and outlook on life from around the world, with a strong commitment to creating an environment of respect both within and outside of the classroom.
Your classroom will be very well equipped with Montessori material in line with the latest curriculum, and you'll be encouraged to take the classroom in your own direction, as you infuse your teaching with creativity and innovation.
At Melbourne Montessori, you will discover a social and friendly team atmosphere around the school and will enjoy an attractive remuneration package with above award rates.
About the Montessori Network
The Montessori network of schools around Australia grew from the idea of Maria Montessori to formulate an education system that allowed children to develop their potential in a non-competitive, caring and carefully planned environment, free of rewards and punishment. That was 100 years ago. Since then, Montessori education has grown steadily in Australia, and there are currently around 200 schools and centres nationwide.
The majority of Montessori schools are run by community-based, non-profit associations. There are a growing number of privately owned centres as well as programmes within public school settings.
Bring your enthusiasm for education and bringing out the best in each student to a school environment that encourages innovation! Apply Now!
All Montessori trained teachers encouraged to apply.