Montessori-trained Classroom Teacher (Cycle 3)
- Teach in a classroom where individual development and respect amongst students are encouraged!
- Well-resourced school, teaching students across a varied age range!
- Fantastic Bayside location in Brighton East!
- Applications from Montessori trained teachers as well as passionate primary teachers welcome!
About the Organisation
The Montessori network of schools around Australia grew from the philosophy of Maria Montessori to formulate an education system that allowed students to develop their potential in a non-competitive, caring and carefully planned environment, free of rewards and punishment. That was 100 years ago. Since then, Montessori education has grown steadily in Australia, and there are currently over 220 schools and centres nationwide.
About the Opportunity
Melbourne Montessori School now has an outstanding opportunity for a qualified Teacher to join their team in Brighton East, on a full-time or part-time basis. This is a Cycle 3 position, teaching students between the ages of 9 and 12 years.
It will be your responsibility to work with a team of passionate educators in our Cycle 3 program, creating a positive attitude to learning and education for each student, consistent with the ethos of Montessori.
More specifically, your day-to day responsibilities will include:
- Providing a dynamic and inviting learning environment;
- Planning and delivering teachings to the National Montessori Curriculum requirements;
- Being sensitive to students' personal, social or organisational needs;
- Maintaining communication with parents concerning student progress; and
- Keeping accurate observations and assessment records for ongoing student progress.
To join this dynamic Montessori team you need to be relevantly qualified, holding registration with the Victorian Institute of Teachers or equivalent. Ideally you will have qualifications as a Montessori Teacher, however applications from all teachers are welcome as long as you love teaching!
Candidates with unique and exciting life experiences that enable you to put a refreshing spin on the way you interact with students to help them achieve academic and life successes, will be a plus!
The current teaching staff range from a Marine Biologist to a former Doctor, providing an outstanding range of knowledge and wisdom to bring to the school's students.
This position requires adaptability and the ability to engage students and parents from a wide range of backgrounds. This role will suit a Teacher who demonstrates warmth, patience and a caring manner. You will have a wide, positive outlook on life and be ready and willing to pitch in to become a vital part of the Melbourne Montessori School team!
Your classroom will be very well-equipped with Montessori material in line with the latest curriculum, and you'll be encouraged to take the classroom in your own direction, as you infuse your teaching with creativity and innovation.
At Melbourne Montessori, you will discover a social and friendly team atmosphere around the school. This is an outstanding opportunity for passionate teachers to break into an amazing, independent school system.
Bring your enthusiasm for education and bringing out the best in each student to a school environment that encourages innovation - Apply Now!