Mental Health Practitioners
- Multiple opportunities to join a well-respected Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation, renowned throughout South Australia!
- Ongoing training to support your professional development and growth!
- Excellent remuneration depending on experience PLUS super, salary sacrifice options and more!
About the Organisation
Nunkuwarrin Yunti is the foremost Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation in Adelaide, South Australia, providing a range of health care and community support services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
First incorporated in 1971, Nunkuwarrin Yunti has grown from a welfare agency with three employees to a multi-faceted organisation with around 100 staff who deliver a diverse range of health care and community support services.
Nunkuwarrin Yunti aims to promote and deliver improvement in the health and well-being of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the greater metropolitan area of Adelaide and advance their social, cultural and economic status. The organisation places a strong focus on a client centred approach to the delivery of services and a collaborative working culture to achieve the best possible outcome for clients.
Nunkuwarrin Yunti is significantly expanding existing maternal and child health services through the New Directions: Mothers and Babies program, funded by the Australian Government. The New Directions: Mothers and Babies program provides increased access to:
- Antenatal care and post-natal care
- Practical advice and assistance with caring for babies and young children
- Monitoring healthy development, providing immunisations and helping to manage acute illnesses.
About the Opportunity
Nunkuwarrin Yunti has multiple excellent opportunities for Mental Health Professionals to join their multidisciplinary team based in Elizabeth Downs, SA, on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Program Manager - Mental Health Recovery, you'll be responsible for assisting clients to deal with a wide range of issues including grief & loss, depression, trauma, family and/or relationship matters, and any other issues which impact on social and emotional wellbeing.
More specifically, your duties will encompass:
- Providing Counselling and/or Psychological Services to improve the psychological wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the greater metropolitan area of Adelaide;
- Responding to triaged referrals commissioned by the Primary Health Network, to provide Therapeutic Therapies for clients diagnosed as experiencing Mild and Moderate mental illness;
- Contributing as a member of a multi-disciplinary care team to the development and provision of clinical care plans for clients with identified mental health/psychological wellbeing issues; and
- Encourage clients to access a range of social health and welfare services, which include other Nunkuwarrin Yunti programs and external agencies.
Nunkuwarrin Yunti is seeking applications from culturally aware mental health professionals with a passion for primary health care and commitment to building capacity at a local level.
To be considered, you'll have relevant tertiary qualifications in social work, occupational therapy, psychology, mental health nursing or similar, as well as current registration with an Australian Professional body such as ACMHN, AASW and/or APHRA. In addition to this, you will have demonstrated experience providing mental health care assessment, prevention, treatment, and interventions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a capable, independent individual who also works well as part of a multidisciplinary team. You'll have high-level written and verbal communication skills and enjoy working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds. Importantly, you will have a good knowledge of Australian Aboriginal culture/context and its impact on Aboriginal health, emotional and social wellbeing
To download the position description, please click here.
Please note: It is a requirement of this role that successful candidates have a current driver's licence, and are willing to undergo a National Police Check prior to commencing employment.
About the Benefits
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team of highly skilled health professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to provide a wrap-around, holistic service for your clients. You’ll be given the chance to work closely with the community and make a real impact on their social and emotional outcomes, as well as working towards closing the gap in Aboriginal Health.
Your dedication and hard work will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package plus super, commensurate with your skills and experience. You’ll also enjoy extensive salary packaging options that greatly increase your take home pay. In addition, you'll benefit from the flexibility of working part-time, allowing you to establish a fantastic work/life balance.
Nunkuwarrin Yunti is committed to nurturing ongoing professional development and growth, with training, mentoring and guidance provided. You’ll be granted with a number of opportunities for career advancement, alongside the chance to build your experience within Aboriginal health.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an influential Aboriginal health organisation in metropolitan Adelaide - Apply now!