Retail Department Manager/ Technical Sales Consultant
Seven Hills, NSW
Want to work for an organisation that is involved in primary industries, facility maintenance, recreation vehicles, camping, hospitality, trades, electrical and mining? If so, we have the opportunity for you!
Keep reading if you can answer YES to any of the below…
- You want to bring your technical know-how and sales skills to a busy and varied role
- You want to control your own future with job stability and career progression opportunities
- You want to be rewarded for the effort you put in with a salary negotiable based on your experience
- You want to work as part of a friendly team within an established organisation
Your new career awaits!
Macfarlane Generators now has an exciting opportunity for a Retail Sales Department Manager to join its dedicated team, working out of their Seven Hills showroom.
In this colaborative role, you will work with the National Sales Manager and Branch manager to display, promote, sell, service and repair the Company’s products, where possible, in order to grow the department.
Some of your more specific duties will include:
- Keeping the showroom fully stocked;
- Ensuring that all showroom retail stock is correctly priced, labelled, cost coded, and barcoded as applicable;
- Ensuring that showroom stock is checked, pre-delivered, tested, tagged and correctly labelled before being displayed to customers;
- Organising repair and modification works for electrical/mechanical workshop staff;
- Attending to customers within a timely manner regarding Showroom sales, servicing, repairs and/or warranties; and
- Raising the showroom retail sales profile, sales opportunities, business improvement, customer relationships and growth in retail sales.
The Company’s aim is and has been to have the best stocked Power Generation Set and accessories showrooms in the industry.
What we need from you
- A strong electrical or mechanical knowledge with generator experience an advantage;
- Proven sales record and strong commercial acumen.
- Organised with strong leadership skills
- Customer service experience and the willingness to assist customers effectively and efficiently;
- Common sense, self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously; and
- Excellent communication skills (ie you can maintain paperwork and documentation and communicate clearly over the phone and face-to-face with customers).
In addition, you'll be able to prepare quotations for multiple unit sales and will have an understanding of, and the ability to adhere to, OH&S policies as well as Company policies and procedures as they relate to showroom sales.
What we will give you in return
Macfarlane Generators has a good reputation for looking after its employees. The organisation offers first class training, opportunities for career development and full staff support.
You will enjoy an attractive remuneration negotiated commensurate with experience plus 9.5% super. You will also enjoy a host of further benefits including:
- Job security within a well-established organisation;
- Career progression and upskilling opportunities;
- Light and Modern Office;
- Weekly pay;
- On-site parking; and
- Company clothing.
Macfarlane Generators enforces a no smoking, no alcohol and no drugs work environment.
Please note: Only people eligible to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
If you are technically minded with proven sales experience and are ready to be rewarded for the effort you put in then this is the job for you - Apply Now.
Your new Company
After more than 65 years in the business, Macfarlane Generators is a well-established name in the generator game. Specialising in the supply, installation and servicing of new used and refurbished generator sets for industrial, commercial, domestic and recreational applications Macfarlane Generators has provided permanent and temporary power to everything from sheep-carrying and Pilcher-catching ships, truck trailers bound for Vanuatu, concerts such as INXS and Bruce Springsteen; the Cadbury’s factory at Heathmont; a timber mill in Cambodia and the last Australian tour of Evil Knievel; to small towns not yet on the grid; the first years of the Grand Prix at Phillip Island; telecommunication stations for Motorola and Telstra; and powering the build of the tunnel under the Sydney Harbour!
In addition, as the pioneers for the development of acoustically-silenced Generators for film and television applications in Australia over 30 years ago, Macfarlane Generators have provided power for such films as Crocodile Dundee, Mutiny on the Bounty and The Man from Snowy River, as well as providing ongoing power to television productions such as Neighbours for over ten years.
For more information please click here.