10213-99 Street Grande Prairie, AB T8V 2H3
- Join an interdisciplinary team that provides support and makes a difference to the lives of the students!
- Enjoy attractive pay, plus full benefits, including Life, Disability, Dental, Extended Healthcare, and MORE!
- Work from a beautiful area with a limitless availability of activities, and a family-based community!
About the Organization
Peace Collaborative Services is an umbrella organization whose employees are hired by the Grande Prairie Public School District #2357. The organization serves 8 school jurisdictions from Manning in the north to Grande Cache in the south, west to the border and east to Valleyview. The Grande Prairie area has been experiencing unprecedented growth and there is a significant population growth from birth to 5. Peace Collaborative Services continues to provide multi-disciplinary services throughout the Peace region.
For more information on PCS please visit www.pscd.info.
About the Opportunity
Peace Collaborative Services is currently seeking two Physical Therapists (NOC Code 3142) to join the Grande Prairie Public School District on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Physical Therapist is responsible for supporting students to obtain and/or maintain an optimum level of function in an educational setting by providing:
- Assessment and consultation services and supervision of direct intervention (where appropriate) as part of an inter-disciplinary team providing service to students who meet the Peace Collaborative Services mandates
- Formal and informal inservice programs regarding physiotherapy and physical management needs to teachers, assistants, and parents
- Consultation with educational authorities on service development and program delivery
Your responsibilities will involve both providing individual child services, and working to deliver program services to students in Grande Prairie, including:
- Assessing children referred to the physiotherapy department
- Making recommendations regarding the appropriate level of service following assessment
- Collaboratively developing and implementing appropriate intervention programs, (direct intervention, monitored program, consultation, or inservicing)
- Maintaining a clinical record for each child
- Participating in case conferences, parent interviews, medical consultations, and clinics
- Providing professional input into the development of policies and procedures for PCS on an ongoing basis
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures and job description for the Physiotherapy department in collaboration with Peace Collaborative Services and GPPSD administration
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating a quality assurance program for the department in association with Peace Collaborative Services administration
- Advising teachers regarding appropriate equipment and resources needed for therapy related programs and providing inservice programs to schools and community education
You will also be responsible for identifying deficiencies or limitations within the department that can be addressed, as well as identifying, preparing, and submitting equipment/ resource requirements necessary for the efficient operation of the department. Above all, you will ensure safety, cleanliness, and infection controls are maintained within the department.
The Ideal Candidate
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a Master’s degree in Physical Therapy (or equivalent) and you will also be registered with the College of Physical Therapists of Alberta. Pediatric experience is a definite asset, as is a love for working with children.
You will also demonstrate:
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to prioritize and work independently on projects as assigned
- The ability to lift and handle students as required
Our next Physical Therapist will join Peace Collaborative Services as an employee of Grande Prairie Public School District with a willingness to enhance his/her knowledge and clinical skills through attendance at relevant continuing education programs and professional development opportunities. You will also be able to provide relevant input to Peace Collaborative Services, School, or District administration regarding the role of the Physiotherapy department.
Above all, you will make health and safety a part of your daily routine, and follow safe work methods and regulations. Please note that due to the nature of this role, you must also be willing to travel and work overtime as required, although you will work primarily in Grande Prairie. The language of work is English.
About the Benefits
In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with a salary of $67,500 - $90,000 plus a great host of benefits including:
- Life, Disability, Dental, Extended Healthcare, Health Spending Account
- Mentorship and the opportunity to work on a diverse caseload
- Working the school year with school holidays
- Payment of Professional dues
- Professional liability insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Great development opportunities
In addition, you will be welcomed into a supportive multidisciplinary team environment that will listen to and value your ideas. This is an opportunity to make your mark on an established and highly respected organization, using your experience and skills to inspire a direct and positive impact on students.
Don’t miss this opportunity to expand your skills in a dynamic working environment in Grande Prairie or Peace River, Alberta - Apply Now!
Grande Prairie Public School District
Grande Prairie, AB
Peace Collaborative Services
Grande Prairie Public School District
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 4X1
Phone: 780 539 0333 ext. 1930
cell 780 882 6223
fax 780 539 7613