RTO Compliance Officer (KAMS)
- Unique opportunity to work within an Aboriginal community in a spectacular region!
- Attractive salary of $66,036 including a fantastic host of benefits!
- Accommodation allowance of up to $13,000!
About the Organisation
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services LTD (KAMS) is a well-established regional Aboriginal community controlled health service, founded in 1986, which provides centralised advocacy and resource support for 6 independent member services, as well as providing direct clinical services in a further 6 remote Aboriginal communities across the region.
KAMS has successfully delivered high-quality, accessible comprehensive primary health care services over its 30 years of operation and has provided innovation and national leadership in areas such as health information management and evidence-based best practice in primary health care.
About the Opportunity
KAMS now has an opportunity for an RTO Compliance Officer to join their friendly, multidisciplinary team in Broome, WA, on a full-time basis.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for formulating policies, based on sound risk management principles, to manage the compliance assessment of KAMS RTO against regulatory requirements.
Reporting to the RTO Team Leader, some of your key responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Developing and implementing a compliance operational plan;
- Ensuring all related compliance timelines are met in respect of the RTO and these timelines are effectively communicated with the RTO team;
- Ensuring data is supplied to contribute to the timely completion of KAMS RTO Away from Base Reporting;
- Maintaining reporting tools, compliance tools and systems, management tools, course information and associated documentation;
- Ensuring all RTO Certificates comply with national standard requirements for RTO's; and
- Representing KAMS RTO and participating in the KAMS Quality Committee Meetings every second month.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in a similar role within an RTO including exposure to AQF, VET Fee Help and WA state funding obligations and standards. You will also need to a hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent.
KAMS is looking for an individual who displays exceptional liaison, verbal and negotiation skills, including the ability to effectively deal with a diverse range of clients, stakeholders and authorities. In addition, you will have the ability to work under pressure in a calm manner and have a demonstrated commitment to quality assurance and continuous improvement.
About the Benefits
KAMS is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, staff development programs are not only encouraged but are often paid for by KAMS. This role is a highly attractive opportunity for someone with a desire to develop their professional knowledge and experience in the area of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health!
While you will face diverse new challenges in the role, you will also enjoy an attractive salary package including a base salary of $66,036 plus super and a further host of benefits, including:
- Annual airfares subsidy to the value of $1,285 p.a. (after 12 months of service);
- District allowance $2,920 single/$5,840 double;
- Accommodation allowance $13,000; and
- Electricity allowance $1,440.
Please note: People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills, advance your career and enhance your cultural knowledge in stunning outback locations. Make a positive difference — Apply Now!