Youth Vocational Specialist
- Unique opportunity to work within an Aboriginal community in a spectacular region!
- Part-time (57 hours per fortnight)
- Attractive salary circa $60,000 (pro-rata) + annual airfares after 12 months service
- Great benefits including accommodation/district/electricity allowances
About the Organisation
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services LTD (KAMS) is a well-established regional Aboriginal community controlled health service, founded in 1986, which provides centralised advocacy and resource support for 6 independent member services, as well as providing direct clinical services in a further 6 remote Aboriginal communities across the region.
KAMS has successfully delivered high-quality, accessible comprehensive primary health care services over its 30 years of operation and has provided innovation and national leadership in areas such as health information management and evidence-based best practice in primary health care.
About the Opportunity
KAMS now has an opportunity for a Youth Vocational Specialist to join their friendly, multidisciplinary team in Broome, WA, on a part-time basis (approximately 57 hours per fortnight).
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for helping to improve the educational and employment outcomes of young people with mental health concerns.
Reporting to the Headspace Broome Senior Manager, some of your key responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Assisting young job seekers to identify their educational and employment goals;
- Co-designing a career profile and individual employment plan with participants with input from the participant's clinical team;
- Providing education, vocation and employment support in conjunction with a participant's clinical team;
- Liaising with Disability Employment Services (DES) or Job Active providers where applicable; and
- Providing post-placement planning and in-work support to participants as required.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in a similar role, specifically in assisting young people to find employment opportunities. Tertiary qualifications and/or knowledge of employment related services, relevant legislation and local labour market trends will be highly regarded but is not mandatory.
You will have excellent organisational, time-management and problem-solving skills and the ability to provide individualised job support to clients and employers.
KAMS is looking for someone who can work independently but with well-developed interpersonal skills in order to build and nurture relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Please note: Prior to commencement with KAMS the successful candidate will be required to obtain the following:
- Full Driver's License
- Police Clearance
- Working with Children's Check
About the Benefits
KAMS is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, staff development programs are not only encouraged but are often paid for by KAMS. This role is a highly attractive opportunity for someone with a desire to develop their professional knowledge and experience in the area of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health!
While you will face diverse new challenges in the role, you will also enjoy an attractive salary package including a base salary of $60,000 (pro-rata) plus super and a further host of benefits, including:
- Annual airfares subsidy to the value of $1,285 p.a. (after 12 months of service);
- District allowance $2,920 single/$5,480 double;
- Accommodation allowance $7,800; and
- Electricity allowance $1,440.
Please note: People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills, advance your career and enhance your cultural knowledge in stunning outback locations. Make a positive difference — Apply Now!