Fitter and Turner
Cannon Hill, Brisbane
- 100% Australian owned and operated industry leader
- Full-time permanent role
- Convenient inner-eastern suburbs location with free onsite parking
Australian Country Choice (ACC), together with Australian Cattle and Beef Holdings (ACBH) are proud industry leaders in producing and supplying highest quality beef products to the local and export markets. We employ over 1500 Queenslanders and together our diverse operation processes 300,000 head of cattle across our large-scale breeding, backgrounding, farming and feedlotting through to our modern food processing and value add packing facility.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for a motivated Fitter and Turner at our Cannon Hill headquarters. This role will provide support to all facets of the Primary Processing Department, undertaking and completing maintenance work as required from the maintenance schedule or on instruction from the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager for Primary Processing, a key focus of this role is to reduce the need for reactive work, and encourage proactive maintenance activities. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing timely and well executed maintenance support to the Primary Processing Department;
- Ensuring the work flow process is adhered to, and that all assigned work tasks are completed on time;
- Improving electrical systems in equipment to save time and enhance reliability;
- Ensuring the clear and concise communication of information between tradespeople;
- Completing paper work with clear follow up instructions for other co-workers;
- Resolving machinery faults in a timely and effective manner;
- Communicating effectively with people at all operational levels;
- Ensuring that all identified hazards (WHS or QA) are risk assessed, and all incidents are reported as per ACC Policies and Procedures;
- Complying with other WHS or QA requirements as advised in company documents, or as communicated by Maintenance, or the WHS or QA departments from time to time.
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- Trade qualifications;
- Proven experience in a similar FMCG industry;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- The ability to maintain precision and accuracy in a loud, fast paced environment;
- A clear understanding of maintenance best practices;
- Good time management;
- The ability to share knowledge and encourage continued learning with Plant operators;
- An understanding and dedication to continuous improvement;
- The ability to identify “better ways of working”
Australian Country Choice operates day and afternoon shifts over a seven-day rolling roster. We offer a supportive working environment and a range of opportunities to learn and grow your career across our fully integrated vertical supply chain. We also have an onsite gym and secure, free onsite parking. Make your next move your best yet.
Make your next move your best yet. Watch our corporate video here.
Loyalty is at the heart of all we do. It harks from the Lee family and it is particularly present in our people.
Change is not for change's sake - we value beneficial change that improves our business.
We value truth and transparency – we need this to collaborate and trust each other and to achieve our full potential.
We value personal ownership. We take responsibility for ourselves, our relationships, our time management, our workspaces and tools. We are honest and full of integrity and this maximises our contribution.
We value human life. The lives of every member of our team are of equal value and every person who enters our site should leave our site in good health. Some of our team members have more dangerous jobs than others and we all work harder to ensure they stay safe. We also value the lives of all humans, including our customers and their customers whose safety relies on this value.
We know our customers keep us in business which ensures our jobs. We know that our customers have their own customers who include our friends, our families and other people we don't know.