Learning & Development Specialist
Cannon Hill, Brisbane
- Newly created position to make your own
- 100% Australian owned & operated Queensland family business
- Multi-faceted operation – Corporate, manufacturing & agribusiness
Australian Country Choice (ACC) are proud industry leaders in producing and supplying highest quality beef products to major supermarket retailers and the export markets. Being 100% Australian owned, we are the world’s largest, family operated, vertically integrated, beef supply chain. Our commitment to safety, quality and operational excellence is shared by our dedicated team of over 1300 employees across multiple cattle breeding, backgrounding, farming and lot feeding properties across Queensland, through to our state of the art food processing and value-add packing facility, conveniently located at Cannon Hill, just east of Brisbane’s CBD.
Learn more about our diverse operation here which spans over 5 million acres, carries up to 350,000 head of cattle and has the capacity to process up to 300,000 head every year.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of ACC as our business model, customer base, service and delivery undergoes significant transformation and growth, and so does the nature of our Human Resources service and partnership with our business, as we focus heavily on investing, developing and engaging our people.
About the role:
Reporting to the Group Manager, Human Resources and joining a small team of dedicated HR professionals, you’ll work autonomously and take ownership for improving our training and compliance programs, content and learning practices as well as developing robust competency and leadership development frameworks for all aspects of our business including manufacturing, corporate and agribusiness operations. This is both a “hands on” and strategic role, starting with the review and development of all position descriptions and then executing our transition from a manual, paper-based transactional learning to an automated, engaging online platform. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Developing relationships with internal customers to gain an in depth understanding of their business & learning needs
- Working collaboratively with other teams to achieve mutually agreed goals
- Developing tailored programs & content to for our diverse workforce, from multi-cultural onsite manufacturing teams through to our rural workforce across Queensland who live & work remotely on our properties & feedlots
- Coordinate & manage compliance training to ensure regulatory requirements are met
- Oversee training data capture for QA, safety & auditing purposes
- Coordinate & deliver company induction & onboarding programs
- Support maintenance & development of industry standard work instructions across the business
- Undertake training needs analyses & provide recommendations to the business
- Provide coaching, guidance and advice to managers and tutors to drive greater capacity and skills capability
- Partner with operational teams to build a sustainable skills matrix, & design reporting tools to add value in multi-skilling & succession planning processes
- Support the development & delivery of individual development planning
- Develop & report on L&D activities to inform operational decision-making
Along with extensive and practical L&D expertise with demonstrated success delivering measurable results within a complex, fast paced & challenging environment, you’ll bring:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, preferably in HR, as well as a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (TAE40116)
- Experience implementing & managing learning management systems, as well as developing online content & managing e-learning platforms
- Solid HR generalist practical experience & knowledge
- Experience operating within a diverse, multi-cultural & multiple site operation
- Practical creativity & skill in applying various L&D methodologies, tools & principals
- Proven ability to deliver results in a high-pressure environment & manage multiple projects
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills to engage at all levels across the business
- Strong coaching, influencing & negotiation skills
- Advanced computer literacy & ability to learn & master new systems & technology
- Detailed understanding of compliance & work health & safety training requirements
- Experience working within high volume food manufacturing/processing industry would be an advantage
- Knowledge & understanding of rural & remote workforces highly desirable
This is an ideal role for a proactive, results driven professional, who thrives working at both operational & strategic level to create & deliver the L&D framework that will take us to the next level. You’ll be approachable, resilient, determined & flexible to support the broader HR team as required.
At ACC we’ve earned our stripes as masters of our craft & continue to deliver the highest standards in safety, customer, operational excellence, innovation & our people & capability. Our need to “Be Right” is actively driven by the behaviors that underpin our values of: belief, energy, responsibility, integrity, grit, humility & team.
Apply now & earn your stripes with us.
Loyalty is at the heart of all we do. It harks from the Lee family and it is particularly present in our people.
Change is not for change's sake - we value beneficial change that improves our business.
We value truth and transparency – we need this to collaborate and trust each other and to achieve our full potential.
We value personal ownership. We take responsibility for ourselves, our relationships, our time management, our workspaces and tools. We are honest and full of integrity and this maximises our contribution.
We value human life. The lives of every member of our team are of equal value and every person who enters our site should leave our site in good health. Some of our team members have more dangerous jobs than others and we all work harder to ensure they stay safe. We also value the lives of all humans, including our customers and their customers whose safety relies on this value.
We know our customers keep us in business which ensures our jobs. We know that our customers have their own customers who include our friends, our families and other people we don't know.