Talent Acquisition Specialist
Cannon Hill, Brisbane
- Newly created position to make your own
- 100% Australian owned & operated Queensland family business
- Multi-faceted operation – Corporate, manufacturing & agribusiness
Australian Country Choice (ACC) are proud industry leaders in producing and supplying highest quality beef products to major supermarket retailers and the export markets. Being 100% Australian owned, we are the world’s largest, family operated, vertically integrated, beef supply chain. Our commitment to safety, quality and operational excellence is shared by our dedicated team of over 1300 employees across multiple cattle breeding, backgrounding, farming and lot feeding properties across Queensland, through to our state of the art food processing and value-add packing facility, conveniently located at Cannon Hill, just east of Brisbane’s CBD.
Learn more about our diverse operation here which spans over 5 million acres, carries up to 350,000 head of cattle and has the capacity to process up to 300,000 head every year.
It’s an exciting and challenging time to be a part of ACC as our business model, customer base, service and delivery undergoes significant transformation so the nature of the Human Resources service and partnership with our business changes to ensure the necessary investment in attracting, developing and retaining our people.
About the role:
As Group Talent Acquisition Specialist, you’ll enjoy variety and breadth working across all aspects of our business including corporate, manufacturing and agribusiness to attract and source the most capable people who share our vision, values and our commitment. With a consultative and hands on approach, you will implement initiatives and activities that ensures a positive candidate experience at all levels and promote diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity. You’ll take ownership of developing and driving our employer brand and market positioning strategy. This autonomous role is responsible for delivering quality recruitment and selection outcomes, service & support which includes:
- Partnership with hiring managers to coordinate end to end recruitment & selection process.
- Develop and implement values based recruitment programs and tools.
- Implement and manage new electronic employee onboarding platform.
- Drive efficiency by maximising our utilisation of an electronic recruitment system.
- Strategic talent pipelining for key roles and agribusiness seasonal recruitment campaign.
- Facilitate recruitment, selection and retention of visa holders and migration candidates in line with labour agreement.
- Build & maintain effective working partnerships with 3rd party labour hire providers to build capability of our casual workforce & reduce turnover.
- Representation and participation in industry and career events to build employer brand and positioning.
- Support the broader HR team in generalist and employee engagement activities.
- Coordinate employee offboarding processes.
- Reporting on internal and external trends, effectiveness of strategy, retention & sourcing.
- Coordinate advertising content, placement and social & corporate media activity.
- Development and coordination of graduate/internship program.
You’ll be a skilled operator who can deliver high volume, specialist and quality recruitment outcomes along with the ability to identify trends and opportunities, build industry networks and develop talent sourcing strategies within a highly competitive and challenging environment. Along with demonstrated experience within both agency and internal recruiting, the successful candidate will also bring:
- Demonstrated success in adapting and developing tailored recruitment strategies across a range of industries and roles throughout food manufacturing, trades, technical specialists, agribusiness, sciences, executive, administrative, management & supervision.
- Highly engaging interpersonal style with ability to quickly establish rapport across a diverse, multi-cultural & multiple site operation, including rural and remote locations.
- Advanced capability utilising electronic recruitment, candidate management and onboarding systems.
- Ability to build and implement a values based recruitment framework.
- Excellence in behavioural interviewing techniques.
- Knowledge and ability to contribute to developing relevant and meaningful position descriptions that inform requirements for the recruitment and selection of suitable candidates.
- Practical understanding of inclusiveness, equal opportunity, diversity and discrimination during selection processes.
- Ability to develop and implement employer branding and positioning strategy, including social and corporate media presence.
- Confident presentation skills, industry networking and the ability to positively represent the company at trade and industry events, educational facilities and promotional career activity.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications & certification training (eg: Business, HR, psychology, profiling tools).
- Advanced computer literacy & ability to learn & master new systems & technology.
- Understanding of working rights, visas and migration policy and procedures highly desirable.
- Certified in administration of employment related psychometric profiling tools an advantage.
You’ll need to be curious, open minded and highly adaptive to accommodate the diversity and breadth within our business and across multiple industries and locations. This is an ideal role for a proactive, self-driven professional who thrives on taking ownership at both an operational & strategic level. You’ll be down to earth, resourceful & capable of supporting generalist activities as required. Some intrastate travel may be required.
At ACC we’ve earned our stripes as masters of our craft & continue to deliver the highest standards in safety, customer, operational excellence, innovation & our people & capability. Our need to “Be Right” is actively driven by the behaviors that underpin our values of belief, energy, responsibility, integrity, grit, humility & team.
Apply now & earn your stripes with us.
Loyalty is at the heart of all we do. It harks from the Lee family and it is particularly present in our people.
Change is not for change's sake - we value beneficial change that improves our business.
We value truth and transparency – we need this to collaborate and trust each other and to achieve our full potential.
We value personal ownership. We take responsibility for ourselves, our relationships, our time management, our workspaces and tools. We are honest and full of integrity and this maximises our contribution.
We value human life. The lives of every member of our team are of equal value and every person who enters our site should leave our site in good health. Some of our team members have more dangerous jobs than others and we all work harder to ensure they stay safe. We also value the lives of all humans, including our customers and their customers whose safety relies on this value.
We know our customers keep us in business which ensures our jobs. We know that our customers have their own customers who include our friends, our families and other people we don't know.