Maintenance Supervisor - Mechanical
Cannon Hill, Brisbane
- 100% Queensland owned & operated
- Loads of variety within a complex and multi-disciplinary food processing facility
- Convenient inner-eastern suburbs location with free onsite parking
Australian Country Choice (ACC) are proud industry leaders in producing and supplying highest quality beef products to major supermarket retailers and the export markets. Being 100% Australian owned, we are the world’s largest, family operated, vertically integrated, beef supply chain. Our commitment to safety, quality and operational excellence is shared by our dedicated team of over 1300 employees across multiple cattle breeding, backgrounding, farming and lot feeding properties across Queensland, through to our state of the art food processing and value-add packing facility, conveniently located at Cannon Hill, just east of Brisbane’s CBD.
Learn more about our diverse operation here which spans over 5 million acres, carries up to 350,000 head of cattle and has the capacity to process up to 300,000 head every year.
About the Role
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you'll join a multi-disciplinary team operating across our complex manufacturing, food processing and packaging facility to lead a crew of tradespeople, across two shifts to ensure they safely, effectively and efficiently do their jobs to keep us running. The mechanical Maintenance Supervisor will also be responsible for:
- Establishing & delivering planned maintenance schedules
- Breakdown management
- Reliability improvement projects
- Staff training, development & coaching
- Allocation of resources and time management
- Reporting & record keeping
- Ensuring safe work practices and Standard Operational Procedures are followed at all times
Along with being mechanically trade qualified and experience at a supervisory level with direct reports, the successful candidates will demonstrate:
- First hand exposure within a complex manufacturing environment - ideally within a red meat, protein, food or FMCG
- Ability to successfully lead and manage a highly productive & engaged team
- Strong organisational and planning ability
- Computer literacy and experience using maintenance system software
- Effective root cause analysis, problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Understanding of continuous improvement & operational efficiencies
- Experience working within a CMMS environment
- Understands practical application of workplace health and safety
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Ability to interact positively with a diverse and multi-cultural workforce
You’ll need to be driven, curious and a strong team player to effectively navigate the diversity, complexity & breadth of our operation. You may be required to work shifts and weekends, so we need you to be flexible. This is an ideal role for a proactive leader who is self-driven and thrives working under pressure and being challenged every day!
At ACC we’ve earned our stripes as masters of our craft & continue to deliver the highest standards in safety, customer, operational excellence, innovation & our people & capability. Our need to “Be Right” is actively driven by the behaviors that underpin our values of belief, energy, responsibility, integrity, grit, humility & team.
Apply now & earn your stripes with us.
Loyalty is at the heart of all we do. It harks from the Lee family and it is particularly present in our people.
Change is not for change's sake - we value beneficial change that improves our business.
We value truth and transparency – we need this to collaborate and trust each other and to achieve our full potential.
We value personal ownership. We take responsibility for ourselves, our relationships, our time management, our workspaces and tools. We are honest and full of integrity and this maximises our contribution.
We value human life. The lives of every member of our team are of equal value and every person who enters our site should leave our site in good health. Some of our team members have more dangerous jobs than others and we all work harder to ensure they stay safe. We also value the lives of all humans, including our customers and their customers whose safety relies on this value.
We know our customers keep us in business which ensures our jobs. We know that our customers have their own customers who include our friends, our families and other people we don't know.