Helpdesk Support Officer (level 1)
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). In addition to running the stadium, AOSMA is responsible for the delivery of a tourism program including Adelaide Oval Tours, the newly launched Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb as well as what is believed to be the world’s only fine dining restaurant within a sports stadium – Hill of Grace Restaurant.
AOSMA employs more than 125 full-time staff, plus 1,800 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ngeringa Cultural Centre and Monarto Zoo and provides staffing solutions for large scale events such as Clipsal 500.
Helpdesk Support Officer, Level 1
The Helpdesk Support Officer (HSO) works as part of a small IT team servicing approximately 200 users and is primarily responsible for providing level 1 helpdesk support to these users as well as additional game/event day support to Adelaide Oval outlets and staff. In addition to this, the HSO will assist with maintaining the stadium’s desktop standard operating environment, including desktop application updates, maintenance and troubleshooting. This role ensures the related environments are documented, assets are managed and any related support tickets are logged appropriately.
The HSO will work in partnership with the Information Technology and Operations teams, to deliver the ICT function to Adelaide Oval and it's stakeholders, including providing game day and event day support as part of a rotational roster.
This is an entry level position and reports directly to the ICT Technical Services Manager and also liaises extensively with ICT Manager and the Information Technology team.
As the Helpdesk Support Officer, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Being the first point of contact for staff and providing effective and timely ICT support during business hours, and after hours emergency support for SANFL and SMA
- Fielding, logging, prioritising and assigning all incoming Helpdesk requests
- Managing, resolving and escalating all Helpdesk requests
- Supporting user desktops and laptops with Windows Operating system and common office applications
- Rebuilding existing hardware
- Relocating workstations and laptops
- Building, updating and maintaining desktop standard operating environment
- Documenting systems and environment
- Auditing hardware/asset management and maintaining an inventory register of IT equipment
- Assisting with ICT help and policy documentation
- Assisting with rolling out software and hardware updates to staff
- Logging hardware and software warranty calls
- Developing and maintaining relevant documentation on ICT Applications
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong desktop and applications skills
- A strong ability to troubleshoot and analyse problems and re-occurring issues
- Extensive experience in using Microsoft Technologies, such as Windows, Active Directory, Exchange, Microsoft Office
- Experience with Hardware Support including, Printers, Networks, Telephones, Network / Video Cards
- Superior interpersonal skills, in particular skills in building positive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels
- Skills in basic data backup, windows user profile, Outlook PST
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including the capacity to negotiate effectively
- The ability to maintain high workloads, and meet deadlines within specified time frames
Out of hours and game day / event day work will be required in line with business operations.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 20th January 2017.
*Previous applicants need not apply.
An application letter together with a CV can be submitted by clicking the “NEXT” button below.