Casual Hospitality Supervisor
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). In addition to running the stadium, AOSMA is responsible for the delivery of a tourism program including Adelaide Oval Tours, the newly launched Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb as well as what is believed to be the world’s only fine dining restaurant within a sports stadium – Hill of Grace Restaurant.
AOSMA employs approx. 140 full-time staff, plus 1,600 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre and Monarto Zoo.
Casual Hospitality Supervisor
Hospitality Supervisors are responsible for the profitable delivery of the Hospitality business at Adelaide Oval and external venues, including but not limited to, Adelaide Oval Functions & Events, Audi Stadium Club and Corporate Suites & Facilities.
This position is accountable for the:
- Operational delivery of customer requirements within budget
- Providing training of all systems and processes relevant to the delivery of Hospitality services within the Hospitality Division at Adelaide Oval
- Delivery of staff training and development programs of service delivery skills
- Liaising directly with Sales and Kitchen teams providing exceptional customer service
- Reporting any activity or action to Management that is not in line with company expectations
- Supervision of the daily delivery of hospitality services to maximise profitability
- Compliance of AOSMA responsibilities within Responsible Service of Alcohol, WHS, HACCP and other house policies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving the profitable delivery of all Hospitality services within the Hospitality Portfolio at Adelaide Oval (including match day) and external venues
- Delivery of best practice Food and Beverage at a world class venue
- Providing hands on leadership to the division on match days
- The implementation of new and innovative ideas to generate revenue
- The accurate and timely preparation of reports and forecasting as required including (but not limited to stocktakes and wage control)
- The maximization of human resources
- Ensuring the correct use of inventory control systems, purchasing and delivery of supplies through supply options
- Provide feedback on staff and guest experiences
- Ensuring the department has all required resources to execute its business
- Line staff recruitment;
- Implementation of appropriate guest recovery measures
- Compliance with the business rules (WHS, RSA, HACCP)
- Achievement of measurable pre-determined internal customer service scores
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience in the Food and Beverage industry, preferably with significant convention, entertainment, five star or casino environment
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to demonstrate strong leadership, and manage a large and diverse workforce
- Relevant qualifications in Food and Beverage or Business Management, and / or
- Supervisory experience in a similar role
Out of hours work is a requirement of this role, in line with the business operations of Adelaide Oval. This includes weekend work and working on Major Event Days at Adelaide Oval.
Applications close at 5:00pm Wednesday 22 March 2017.
An application letter together with a CV can be submitted by clicking the “NEXT” button below.