Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
A $535 million redevelopment, completed in 2014, transformed Adelaide Oval into an exemplary modern stadium while retaining its considerable history and charm. This means it is simultaneously one of the newest stadiums in the world and one of the most historic.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). In addition to running the stadium, AOSMA is responsible for the delivery of a tourism program including Adelaide Oval Tours, the newly launched Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb as well as what is believed to be the world’s only fine dining restaurant within a sports stadium – Hill of Grace Restaurant.
AOSMA employs more than 160 full-time staff, plus 1,700 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre and Monarto Zoo and provides staffing solutions for large scale events such as Clipsal 500.
- Reports to Stadium Operations Manager
- Permanent Full Time
The Operations Assistant is responsible for providing high level administrative support to the Stadium Operations Manager and the broader teams associated with the Operations Department.
As a key point of contact for representing AOSMA, this position plays an important role in delivering a high end service experience that reflects our brand to both internal and external customers. This role requires someone who is extremely adaptable, professional and customer centric. You will need to be dedicated to working in a team environment with the ability to prioritise a busy workload. Your eagerness to understand the business, its operation, its people and its patrons will be crucial to your success in this role.
As part of the core operations team, your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with invoice and purchase order processing for the Operations team
- Assist with the day to day operations, set up and pack down for major events
- Attendance on major event days
- Assist in the procurement of infrastructure and event related systems and subsequent implementation.
- Assist in dealing with customer phone calls, complaints and feedback.
- Provide assistance with management of stadium car parking facilities management
- Compliance with the business rules (WHS, RSA, HACCP)
- Preparation of Operational reports
- Assist the Stadium Operations Manager with administrative day to day assistance
- Achievement of measurable pre-determined internal customer service KPIs
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
- Demonstrated skills in delivery of excellent customer service
- Attention to detail, accuracy in reporting and an ability to perform under pressure
- Experience in Management of events and event planning
- Have a good working understanding of cricket and football
- Excellent administrative skills including intermediate skills in MS Office
- Excellent relationship management skills
- The ability to demonstrate initiative and innovative thinking
- Outstanding organisational and planning skills
Some out of hours and weekend work will be required for this role in line with operational requirements and event schedules.
Applications close at 10:00am on Friday 28th April 2017.
Express your enthusiasm for this role with an application letter together with a CV and submit by clicking the “NEXT” button below.