Chef de Partie & Demi Chef
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between SACA and SANFL. AOSMA employs approx. 140 full-time staff, plus 1,600 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors. As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre and Monarto Zoo.
Chef de Partie and Demi Chef Roles
Adelaide Oval are seeking enthusiastic, trade qualified Chefs to join our busy Hospitality kitchen brigade in Chef de Partie and Demi Chef roles.
These full time, permanent roles will be responsible for the timely and profitable delivery of food services at the Adelaide Oval as a quality representative of a World Class hospitality venue.
Both roles will report directly to the Chef de Cuisine and Executive Chef. This position will also liaise extensively with the Senior Kitchen brigade and various Hospitality department Supervisors/Managers.
Responsibilities for both of these roles include;
- Providing Food services to the Hospitality departments at a world class standard
- Working in a large team of trade qualified professional chefs to deliver Food services across the business
- Follow all systems and processes relevant to the delivery of Food services in the Production and Banquet kitchen facilities
- Assisting with the delivery of staff training and development programs (including working with casual staff and apprentice chefs)
- Representing the Hospitality division of Adelaide Oval as required both internally and externally
- Assisting in the procurement of best available product(s) at competitive pricing
- Maintenance of HACCP programs in specific areas
- Implementation of menu, and function packages.
- Other duties as required.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Significant experience working in a similar role previously
- Trade chef qualifications
- The ability to maintain high workloads, and meet deadlines within specified time frames
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills
- Exeprience in multi-function Hospitality operations
- An innovative and creative approach
- Experience with Major Events and public catering
- Experience workforce planning
Successful applicants to Chef de Partie role will have significant experience working as a Junior Sous Chef or Chef de Partie.
Successful applicants to Demi Chef role will have minimum 2 years experience working in a Commis Chef or Demi Chef role.
Applications close on Friday 6th of June at 5:00pm.
An application letter together with a CV can be submitted by clicking the “NEXT” button below.