Function & Events Sales Executive
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). In addition to running the stadium, AOSMA is responsible for the delivery of a tourism program including Adelaide Oval Tours, the newly launched Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb as well as what is believed to be the world’s only fine dining restaurant within a sports stadium – Hill of Grace Restaurant.
AOSMA employs more than 150 full-time staff, plus 1,700 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre and Monarto Zoo.
Function & Events Sales Executive
The Function & Events Sales Executive – Corporate | Government will be responsible for the sales conversion of business to the Hospitality division at Adelaide Oval within the Corporate |Government market segment.
This position will report directly to the F&E Sales Manager. You will be a part of a dynamic team comprising of three Sales Executives and a Sales Coordinator. You will be a passionate team player who encompasses all of the attributes complementary of a successful business minded sales professional. You will be a high performing individual who can manage competing demands effectively in a high pressure fast paced environment.
This position is accountable for the following:
- Managing client relationships
- Contract Management
- Implementation and maintenance of all systems and processes relevant to the Hospitality sales function at Adelaide Oval, including the clear presentation of information to operational departments
- Building new relationships and sourcing new business
- Client follow up calls and correspondence
- Accurate record keeping of Adelaide Oval CRM systems
- Event Orders
- Managing floor plans and checklists
- Liaising directly with Adelaide Oval Hospitality Operations team to maximise revenue
- Developing plans to grow revenue within the pre-determined market segment
- Coordinating client accounts and Feedback surveys post event
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Driving revenue to the Adelaide Oval Hospitality business’s and Adelaide Oval in general
- Representing SMA in a positive light while building internal and external relationships
- Execution of the sales strategy in consultation with other department managers to achieve short and long term business objectives
- The introduction and implementation of new and innovative ideas to generate revenue
- Developing the assigned market segment annual business plan
- Assisting in the preparation of market segment budgets
- The accurate and timely preparation of reports and forecasting as required
- Ensuring customer accounts are accurate and ready for delivery
- Management of 30/60/90 debtors report for assigned market segment
- Product information updates to market
- Compliance with the business rules (WHS, RSA, HACCP)
- Achievement of measurable pre-determined internal customer service scores
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
This role will incorporate a number of coordinator duties and would suit a candidate with experience in event/ funtion coordination.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant qualifications in Sales or Business Management
- Proven network connections within the industry
- Operational Experience in Food and Beverage
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Preferable exposure to Delphi Sales System
Some out of hours work may be a requirement in line with business operations.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday the 18th August 2017
An application letter together with a CV can be submitted by completing the application form below.