Management Accountant (Parental leave Contract)
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). In addition to running the stadium, AOSMA is responsible for the delivery of a tourism program including Adelaide Oval Tours, the newly launched Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb as well as what is believed to be the world’s only fine dining restaurant within a sports stadium – Hill of Grace Restaurant.
AOSMA employs more than 170 full-time staff, plus 1,800 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre and Monarto Zoo and provides staffing solutions for large scale events such as Clipsal 500.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Senior Management Accountant and Finance Manager in the development and management of budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting processes and systems for AOSMA. The Management Accountant is key to providing analysis and support to various functions across the business.
- Senior Management Accountant
- Assistant Accountant
- Finance Team
- Operations and Commercial division
The Management Accountant reports directly to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Provide key monthly analysis to the CFO and Operations & Commercial divisions
- Monthly and quarterly BAS returns
- Assist with Asset Register development and maintenance including monthly depreciation
- Monitor and report on Capex expenditure
- Supervise and mentor Assistant Accountants
- Prepare monthly reconciliations
- Assist with budgets and forecast
- Assist in year – end statutory accounts
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Insurance prepayment and claims maintenance
- Bank folder maintenance
- Interest rates schedule
- Ad hoc stakeholder reporting and management
- Assist with updating and maintaining SOP’s and policies to ensure internal controls are maintained
- Compliance with the business rules (WHS, RSA, HACCP)
Other duties as assigned from time to time
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience and knowledge of Finance management practices, venue based business processes, risk management frameworks and management
- Ability to interpret and understand relevant accounting standards and tax legislation and knowledge of the legal framework in which finance and tax issues are managed
- Lateral thinker with strong problem solving capabilities and flexibility of approach
- Superior interpersonal skills and in particular skills in building positive working relationships with a wide range of people
- Knowledge of GST, FBT and ASIC requirements and obligations
- Personal competence in the use of computers (in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Be able to maintain high workloads, and meet deadlines within specified time frames
- Be able to demonstrate strong teamwork and collaboration skills with high personal motivation
- Experience working with senior management
- Consulting, collaborating, communicating with the management team
- Advanced understanding of: General Ledger and Financial Reporting, Cash Flows and Cash Management strategies, Tax laws and accounting standards compliance obligations
- Creation of policies, procedures and managerial frameworks.
Qualifications / Experience
- Completed or completing a Degree in Finance
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Other Position Requirements
- Some out of hours/event day work is a requirement of this role
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 25th August 2017.
An application letter together with a CV can be submitted by filling out the below application form.