Assistant Management Accountant (Parental leave Contract)
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). In addition to running the stadium, AOSMA is responsible for the delivery of a tourism program including Adelaide Oval Tours, the Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb as well as what is believed to be the world’s only fine dining restaurant within a sports stadium – Hill of Grace Restaurant.
AOSMA employs approx. 170 full-time staff, plus 1,600 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre and Monarto Zoo.
Assistant Management Accountant
Adelaide Oval is seeking an Assistant Management Accountant to join a dynamic team within this iconic organisation. This role is a 9-month fixed term contract, which could be extended. Full time or part time – for the right candidate.
The Assistant Management Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Senior Management Accountant and Finance Manager in the development and management of budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting processes and systems for AOSMA. The Assistant Management Accountant is key to providing analysis and support to various functions across the business.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Management Accountant, you are responsible for analysing and presenting financial data that will help the management team to make well-informed decisions to ensure business growth and long-term success.
- Gather and analyse financial information for internal use
- Support budgeting and forecasting processes to assist business planning and decision-making
- Perform daily accounting tasks and manage your month-end activities to ensure timely issue of management reports, including variance analysis and commentaries
- Support year end processes and reporting
- Support internal and external audits
- Manage the Fixed Asset Register
- Prepare BAS returns
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative
- Knowledge of accounting and financial principles and practices
- Working knowledge of financial software and MS Office
- Analytical mind with aptitude in Math
- A problem solver with attention to detail
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or similar field
- Senior Management Accountant
- Assistant Accountant
- Finance Team
- Operations and Commercial division
Qualifications / Experience;
- Completed or completing a Degree in Finance
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role
Don’t miss this opportunity to work with one of Australia’s Sporting Icons!
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 22nd September 2017.
An application letter together with a CV can be submitted by filling out the below application form.