Retail Head Chef
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between SACA and SANFL. AOSMA employs approx. 170 full-time staff, plus 1,600 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors. As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre and Monarto Zoo.
Head Chef- Retail
An opportunity has arisen for an innovative and motivated Head Chef to manage the day to day food operations of Adelaide Oval and Titanium Arena’s retail outlets, including the Koffee Ink Café.
This hands-on role reports directly to the Director of Cuisine and Executive Chef, and works closely with the Retail Operations and Retail Assistant Operations Managers.
Joining us as Head Chef - Retail, you will be responsible for:
- Operational delivery of Retail division strategic plans
- Providing Food services to the Retail division at a world class standard
- Setting up and maintenance of all systems and processes relevant to the delivery of Food services at the Adelaide Oval and externally.
- Ensuring all operational staff are trained in appropriate processes to deliver a consistent product across the retail division.
- Representing the Food and Beverage division of AOSMA as required both internally and externally
- Assisting in the sourcing of new and innovative products
- Implementation and maintenance of all HACCP programs in specific areas, including control and rotation of retention samples
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Extensive experience working in the Hospitality industry, preferably with significant stadium, five star or casino environment
- A passion for cooking and staying abreast of new techniques and food trends
- The ability to have fun whilst dealing with high pressure workloads and tight deadlines
- The ability to get the best out of their staff through strong, positive leadership
- Excellent media & customer presentation skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- The ability to demonstrate initiative and innovative thinking, superior organisational and planning skills
The successful applicant must have demonstrated experience in a Head Chef, Executive Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine position. Applicants must have Minimum Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or an equivalent trade qualification and possess a broader understanding of key business critical processes.
Applications close Friday the 29th of September at 5:30pm
An application letter together with a CV can be submitted by filling in the below application form.