Casual Kitchen Stewards
Adelaide Oval, SA
South Australia's leading Hospitality employer, Adelaide Oval, are recruiting for Hospitality professionals to join our award winning team!
- Join our successful, award-winning, world-class Hospitality team;
- Take advantage of the opportunity to work a variety of major events;
- Learn a range of new skills and work alongside Australia's leading Hospitality professionals.
Kitchen Stewards (Casual)
Adelaide Oval are seeking experienced Kitchen Stewards to join our fun and professional kitchen brigade.
As an Adelaide Oval Kitchen Steward, you must have past experience in a similar Stewarding role, including but not limited to cleaning dishes, kitchen set-up and break-down and assisting chefs. You must also hold a valid Food Handling and Hygiene Certificate, and an ability to adapt to different kitchen requirements.
In particular we are seeking those with experience in:
High Pressure Functions & Events Kitchen Environment
Safely Using Commercial Chemicals
Operation of Industrial Dishwashers
Cleaning Industrial Fryers
Food Safety/HACCP Knowledge
It is essential that applicants for these positions are available for a variety of shifts including Game/Event days as per Stadium Operations requirements.
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- A strong work ethic and a passion for the industry;
- The ability to follow reasonable instructions in a safe and timely manner;
- The ability to work under pressure and work on your feet for long periods;
- Fun, can do attitude coupled with excellent communication and listening skills;
- Punctuality and reliability;
- Flexibility to work over a 7 day roster, including nights.
- RSA and Food Hygiene/Food Safety qualifications.
Multiple positions are available for these exciting opportunity.
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). In addition to running the stadium, AOSMA is responsible for the delivery of a tourism program including Adelaide Oval Tours, the newly launched Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb as well as what is believed to be the world’s only fine dining restaurant within a sports stadium – Hill of Grace Restaurant.
AOSMA employs approx. 160 full-time staff, plus 1,700 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre and Monarto Zoo and provides staffing solutions for large scale events such as Clipsal 500.
To be shortlisted you must be available to attend:
- An interview at Adelaide Oval between 26th and 28th of February
- Compulsory Adelaide Oval Orientation session on the 14th of 16th of March (TBC)
When applying for this position, please outline your experience as it relates to the selection criteria. Your CV can be submitted after you hit the "Next" button below.
Applications close at 10:00am on Tuesday 20th of February, 2018