Customer Service Team Member
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). In addition to running the stadium, AOSMA is responsible for the delivery of a tourism program including Adelaide Oval Tours, the newly launched Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb as well as what is believed to be the world’s only fine dining restaurant within a sports stadium – Hill of Grace Restaurant.
AOSMA employs approx. 190 full-time staff, plus 1,800 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre and Monarto Zoo.
Customer Service Team Member
The Customer Service Team Member will be responsible for providing administrational support to the Adelaide Oval RoofClimb Centre and Adelaide Oval Stadium Concierge, with a strong focus on front of house customer service. This casual opportunity is ideal for a customer focussed individual, who possesses a polished and friendly demeanour. As the first point of contact for many customers both internal and external, it is important that the Customer Service Team Member strives to make positive first impressions with every customer. In addition to this, key responsibilities will include:
- Daily meeting and greeting of a large number of guests, clients and visitors
- Cash handling and reconciliation of tills
- Coordinate internal calls promptly and with an excellent phone manner
- Positively reflecting the brand and image of Adelaide Oval in everything you do
- Assisting with general Stadium enquiries
- Assisting with the direct sale of the Adelaide Oval RoofClimb, Adelaide Oval Tours and Hill of Grace Restaurant bookings and gift cards
- Assisting with the coordination of group, corporate and special package enquiries and bookings across all Tourism products
- Assisting with addressing requirements for groups / special Roof Climbs including specific inclusions, final numbers and invoicing prior to the tour commencement
- Daily check-in of Adelaide Oval Tours and Adelaide Oval Volunteer Group support
- Providing the brief to RoofClimb Leaders prior to climb commencement or Tour Guides prior to Tour commencement on patrons, health or notable concerns of patrons and update key information when required
- Provide sales assistance with merchandise and photographic sales associated with Adelaide Oval and Roof Climb, including stock control
Skills and Experience
To be eligible for this position you will need to have proven experience in a customer service facing role.
In addition, to be successful in this role you will able to demonstrate:
- High standard of customer service
- Cash handling and till reconciliation experience
- Strong administrative skill - with a high level of competence with the use of various computer programs (in particular Outlook, Word and Excel)
- The ability to work independently and using initiative
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent personal grooming standards
- High attention to detail
- An engaging, can-do attitude
Please note that out of hours, event day & weekend work is a requirement of this role.
Applications close at 9:00am on Monday 19 February 2018
An application letter together with a CV can be submitted by filling out the application form below.