Function & Events Hospitality Assistant Manager
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
A $535 million redevelopment, completed in 2014, transformed Adelaide Oval into an exemplary modern stadium while retaining its considerable history and charm. This means it is simultaneously one of the newest stadiums in the world and one of the most historic.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). In addition to running the stadium, AOSMA is responsible for the delivery of a tourism program including Adelaide Oval Tours, the newly launched Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb as well as what is believed to be the world’s only fine dining restaurant within a sports stadium – Hill of Grace Restaurant.
AOSMA employs more than 180 full-time staff, plus 1,800 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo and the Adelaide Festival Centre.
Functions & Events Hospitality Assistant Manager
The Adelaide Oval SMA Ltd are seeking an experienced, resilient, and passionate F&E Hospitality Assistant Manager to be responsible for the profitable delivery of Functions and Events at Adelaide Oval.
The F&E Hospitality Assistant Manager will directly report to the F&E Hospitality Manager and will be required to manage key relationships with the Venue Hospitality Manager, Hospitality Sales Team, Hospitality Supervisors, the Kitchen Brigade and external stakeholders. This is a hands on role that requires an experienced individual who has worked extensively in the Food and Beverage industry.
Areas of accountability for this role include:
- Operational delivery of strategic plans;
- Setting up of all systems and processes relevant to the delivery of Food and Beverage services within the Functions and Events business at Adelaide Oval;
- Ensuring delivery of staff training and development programs;
- Assistance in creating the Function and Events product in conjunction with the Senior Hospitality Team;
- In the absence of the Functions & Events Hospitality Manager - liaising directly with the Senior Management Team, providing operational advice and assist in strategic planning;
- Maximise profitability of the Functions and Events department;
- Implementation and maintenance of a Responsible Service of Alcohol program;
- Event day client liaison and satisfaction achievement; and
- Leadership and mentoring of our Hospitality Supervisors and other staff.
Your success in this role will be driven by strong relationship building, time management, and problem solving skills coupled with an enthusiastic and innovative mindset. This is a fast paced, challenging role which will be driven by our hospitality services within the Functions and Events portfolio at Adelaide Oval (including match day) and external venues.
Please note that out of hours work will be a requirement of this role, in line with the business operations of Adelaide Oval. This includes weekend work and working on Major Event Days at Adelaide Oval or the surrounding associated venues.
The successful candidate will have proven and extensive experience in:
- The Food and Beverage industry, preferably with significant experience in a convention, entertainment or five star environment
- Corporate functions
- Hospitality management
- Workforce planning
- Working with senior management
- Managing events and facilities
The Functions and Events Hospitality Assistant Manager must have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Food and Beverage or Business Management, and / or
- Relevant experience in a similar role.
Applications close at 9:00am on Monday 26 March 2018.
To apply please complete the application form on our website.