Apprentice Chefs (First, Second & Third Year)
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). In addition to running the stadium, AOSMA is responsible for the delivery of a tourism program including Adelaide Oval Tours, the newly launched Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb as well as what is believed to be the world’s only fine dining restaurant within a sports stadium – Hill of Grace Restaurant.
AOSMA employs approx. 170 full-time staff, plus 1,600 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre and Monarto Zoo.
Apprentice Chefs - 1st, 2nd or 3rd Year
Adelaide Oval are looking to appoint 1st, 2nd and 3rd Year Apprentice Chefs to join our successful Hospitality team.
Do you have a passion for food and cooking? Are you committed to pursuing a career in the hospitality industry? If so, Adelaide Oval have a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your skills and knowledge in a professional, supportive and fun environment as a part of our Apprenticeship Program.
Adelaide Oval is committed to assisting you develop your skills and knowledge by combining on-the-job training with the completion of a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
An apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity to kick-start a rewarding and exciting career in hospitality. Adelaide Oval offer a unique programme with opportunities for long-term job opportunities.
To be successful as an Apprentice Chef you will have:
- A passion for high quality food and cooking
- An enthusiastic approach and desire to learn in a fast paced Kitchen environment
- The commitment and reliability to undertake on-the-job training
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Flexibility to work over a 7 day roster, including nights
If you believe you have the passion and commitment we will provide you with ample opportunity to excel in your chosen career in hospitality.
Adelaide Oval will provide an Apprentice Chef with:
- A professional and supportive work environment
- Fully maintained uniform items
- The opportunity to learn from and work alongside renowned hospitality professionals
- Future career advancement opportunities
Multiple opportunities are available at 1st, 2nd and 3rd year.
Opportunities are available in our Kitchens department.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A basic understanding of the Hospitality industry
- Preferably some school or tertiary education in the area of hospitality and/or catering
- Food handling work experience as a minimum.
- A personal passion for cooking
- A desire to learn new skills and challenge yourself with new experiences
- Demonstrated commitment to an apprenticeship programme (maximum duration 4 years).
Out of hours work is a requirement of this role, in line with the business operations of Adelaide Oval. This includes weekend work and working on Major Event Days at Adelaide Oval.
The vacant Apprentice Chef positions are due to commence in May 2018.
Applications close at 12pm on Thursday, 26th of April. Shortlisting and interviews may commence before close of applications.
An application letter together with a CV can be submitted the below application form