PPT & Casual Chefs and Cooks
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). In addition to running the stadium, AOSMA is responsible for the delivery of a tourism program including Adelaide Oval Tours, the Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb as well as what is believed to be the world’s only fine dining restaurant within a sports stadium – Hill of Grace Restaurant.
AOSMA employs approx. 170 full-time staff, plus 1,600 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre and Monarto Zoo.
Adelaide Oval are seeking enthusiastic Chef/Cooks to join our busy Hospitality kitchen brigade. There are multiple vacancies for both Permanent Part Time and Casuals.
We have roles available across multiple areas of the business, including:
- Hot/Cold Production Kitchen
- Function/Satellite Kitchens
- Stadium Restaurant
- Cafe production and A La Carte Kitchen
- Pastry Kitchen
- Riverbank Bistro Kitchen
This role will be responsible for the timely and profitable delivery of food services at the Adelaide Oval as a quality representative of a World Class hospitality venue.
This role will report directly to the relevant Department Supervisor / Manager. This position will also liaise extensively with the Senior Kitchen brigade and various Hospitality department Supervisors/Managers .
Responsibilities for this role includes;
- Providing Food services to the Hospitality departments at a world class standard
- Working in a large team of trade qualified professional chefs to deliver Food services across the business
- Follow all systems and processes relevant to the delivery of Food services in the Production and Banquet kitchen facilities
- Assisting with the delivery of staff training and development programs (including working with casual staff and apprentice chefs)
- Representing the Hospitality division of Adelaide Oval as required both internally and externally
- Assisting in the procurement of best available product(s) at competitive pricing
- Maintenance of HACCP programs in specific areas
- Implementation of menu, and function packages.
- Other duties as required.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Significant experience working in a similar role previously
- Trade chef qualifications
- The ability to maintain high workloads, and meet deadlines within specified time frames
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills
- Experience in multi-function Hospitality operations
- An innovative and creative approach
- Experience with Major Events and public catering
- Experience workforce planning
Applications close April 20th, 12pm.
An application letter together with a CV can be submitted by filling out the below application form.