Executive Chef, Oval Hotel
Reporting to the General Manager - Oval Hotel and the Director of Cuisine-Adelaide Oval you will be responsible for overseeing the food service operations for the Oval Hotel including our acclaimed Hill of Grace Restaurant, our new food destination Bespoke Wine Bar & Kitchen and; the Audi Stadium Club (on major event days), plus 24-hour Room Service.
Your ability to celebrate seasonal degustation in Hill of Grace Restaurant and contemporary dining options in Bespoke Wine Bar & Kitchen will be reflective of your creative culinary skills that showcase the depth and variety of local SA produce.
To be successful in this position you will be an experienced Head Chef or Executive Chef with proven ability to lead and manage a dynamic kitchen brigade. This role requires a leader with a passion for writing inspiring menus and a dedication to match our core values.
What you'll be doing
- Consistently delivering exceptional food experiences for our guests
- Driving the profitable delivery of all food services of Oval Hotel and Audi Stadium Club
- Recruiting, developing and leading your culinary team (including apprentices)
- Managing stock control, ordering and menu preparation
- Implement and ensure compliance with HACCP and WHS within kitchens
- Maintain food and labour costs in line with budget
Your skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you must possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications combined with previous experience in a similar role in a hotel or restaurant environment
- Have demonstrated people management capabilities with the natural passion and desire to coach, mentor, grow and lead a diverse team
- Ability to work with senior management;
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain high workloads and meet deadlines within specified time frames while remaining effective under pressure;
For more information, visit our website: https://www.adelaideoval.com.au/adelaide-oval-hotel/
Applications due by 9am Friday 8th November 2019
Please note that out of hours will be a requirement of this role. This includes nights, weekends, public holidays and Major Event Days at Adelaide Oval.