Food and Beverage Assistant Manager, Oval Hotel
Oval Hotel will be the first of its kind in Australia. Wrapping gently around the eastern façade of the historic Adelaide Oval and interfacing seamlessly with the existing structure, each room at Oval Hotel enjoys tranquil parkland surrounds.
As the custodians of Adelaide Oval, we know what it means to create memorable experiences. We do it for sporting fans as they celebrate heroes and witness history. We do it for concert goers who live for the music. We do it for brides and grooms on the most important day of their lives. At Oval Hotel, we are dedicated to creating equally unforgettable moments for our guests. Become part of our team who aim to create exceptional experiences that will become long-lasting memories.
Oval Hotel is part of an expansive organisation that oversees the hospitality services for several off-site venues including, Adelaide Oval, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink, (A)Lure Champagne & Seafood Bar and the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Oval Hotel has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Food and Beverage Assistant Manager to join its start-up team.
Food & Beverage Assistant Manager, Oval Hotel
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager - Oval Hotel, you will be responsible for assisting in the management of and supporting the profitable delivery of all Food & Beverage Services pertaining to Oval Hotel. This will be achieved through a commitment to product and service excellence, the management of the team and attaining operational efficiencies.
Premium food and wine will not just be a part of what we offer at Oval Hotel, they are at our very heart. Our culinary team is committed to crafting experiences like no other, providing guests with the true taste of South Australia - known by food lovers the world over for our exceptional produce and award-winning wine. This excellence will be reflected in Oval Hotel’s extensive food and beverage offering.
To be successful in this position you will be a proven effective and savvy hands on people leader with business acumen and the motivation to build this role from the turf up. You will be a strong communicator with outstanding people management and organisational skills, plus have the ability to deliver exceptional F&B experiences at every guest service level. Previous experience in 5 star Hospitality environments will be highly regarded.
- Assisting in the launch and establishment of all operational aspects of the newly renovated Hill of Grace Restaurant and Bespoke Wine Bar & Kitchen, with the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Focus on developing, implementing and aligning service standards and bringing the Stadium Club under the Oval Hotel’s portfolio.
- Act as a proud custodian of the Henschke brand, continually striving to cultivate and elevate the teams’ wine knowledge and curiosity.
- Coach, mentor, and train all team members through hands on management, working closely with the Food & Beverage Supervisors to ensure consistency and high service standards are maintained.
- Proactively manage the workforce planning / rostering function to ensure maximum returns are generated with an agile and diversified workforce.
- Drive engagement activities to support a positive “guest obsessed” workplace culture and high-performance teams.
- Facilitate coordinate all recruitment and onboarding activities.
Your skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you must be able to meet or be capable of meeting the following criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications/ and or relevant industry experience in Hotel / Hospitality Management.
- Previous experience in F&B Management
- Extensive wine knowledge (Henschke Wines advantageous)
- Fine Dining experience
- Sound understanding of the South Australian hotel market.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills including the capacity to negotiate & resolve issues effectively.
- Ability to maintain high workloads and meet tight deadlines.
- Passionate about leading innovative teams and fostering a positive workplace culture.
- Proven ability to think strategically and commercially.
For more information, visit our website: https://www.adelaideoval.com.au/adelaide-oval-hotel/ and here: https://www.ovalhotel.com.au/
Please note that out of hours will be a requirement of this role. This includes nights, weekends, public holidays and Major Event Days at Adelaide Oval.
Applications due by 9am Monday 27 January 2020