Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). The Oval, a world-class, multi-purpose, 50-thousand seat stadium is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and a significant contributor to the State’s tourism cache with the award winning RoofClimb adventure and behind the scenes tours of the stadium.
AOSMA employs approximately 180 full-time staff, plus 1,800 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of additional venues including, Oval Hotel, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink, (A) Lure Champagne & Seafood Bar and, the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
A rare and exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Communications Coordinator to join our engaging Marketing and Communications team on a Full-time basis. The Communications Coordinator will work with the support of the Marketing and Communications Manager to develop and implement communications and digital strategies across the Adelaide Oval business.
What you'll be working on
- The management of Adelaide Oval social media strategies to build the Adelaide Oval online community;
- Lead media liaison and collaborate with Communications Consultant;
- In conjunction with key Managers, the development and implementation of PR opportunities across the business including major events, functions and events, corporate products, Tours & Museums, RoofClimb, Adelaide Oval Football Membership, Oval Hotel, Hill of Grace Restaurant and charity partnerships;
- Supporting all departments in the preparation of publications and external communications;
- Work with the Digital Content Creator to develop content to be used on digital platforms across all Adelaide Oval business units;
- Manage filming and photography requests from external parties;
- Assist with AOSMA internal communications through electronic direct mail and intranet;
- Assist the marketing team in managing the digital platforms including website and intranet;
- Assisting the Marketing and Communications Manager with the development and implementation of integrated marketing and communications plans; and
- Managing architectural lighting requests and coordinating lighting for national/international dates of importance.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Communications;
- In-depth hands-on experience in a similar role (3+ years).
- Significant experience in social media communications, including the creation and delivery of engaging content in line with the overall strategic direction of the Adelaide Oval brand;
- Demonstrated experience managing social media accounts with experience including, but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Google+;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to generate a range of materials (i.e. media releases, proposals, content posts, newsletters) that need minimal editing, as well as the capability to proof read and direct the written material of others;
- Ability to create video content including planning, filming and editing (desired, but not essential);
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities;
This is a hands on role, which requires someone who is well-organised, professional, and passionate.
Please note that out of hours work will be requirement of this role, in line with the business operations of Adelaide Oval (including nights, weekends and public holidays).
Applications close at 12:00pm on Wednesday, 29 January 2020.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.