Digital Marketing & Communications Coordinator (Tourism)
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). The Oval, a world-class, multi-purpose, 50-thousand seat stadium is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and a significant contributor to the State’s tourism cache with the award winning RoofClimb adventure and behind the scenes tours of the stadium.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of additional venues including, Oval Hotel, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink, (A) Lure Champagne & Seafood Bar and, the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Digital Marketing & Communications Coordinator - Tourism (Full-time)
The Digital Marketing & Communications Coordinator is a hands on role, which requires someone who is innovative and passionate about driving brand strategy for our Tourism portfolio at Adelaide Oval. To be successful in this position you will need to be confident in driving brand engagement by developing and implementing creative marketing and communication strategies for Adelaide Oval's tourism products.
About the role
Key responsibilities for the Digital Marketing & Communications Coordinator role includes:
- Planning, implementation and coordination of digital marketing strategies across the Tourism programs including RoofClimb, Adelaide Oval Tours, Education and Ambassador programs in conjunction with the Tourism team.
- Planning and implementing social media strategy in line with the Tourism program brands and communication strategy and in conjunction with the over-arching digital marketing plan.
- Assist with digital campaign development and execution across the programs including development of content and copy compilation in line with the Tourism program branding and analytics.
- Preparation of publications and external communications, including e-newsletters, EDMs, quarterly agent updates and other as required by the Tourism programs.
- Assist with the maintenance of relevant databases for the Tourism program EDMs and advertising.
- Coordination of the RoofClimb website and tourism product pages on the Adelaide Oval website ensuring it is kept up to date and relevant across the programs.
- Coordination of the RoofClimb and Adelaide Oval Tours social media strategy to build the online communities, in conjunction with the Communication Coordinator regarding the AO Tours and Education social media strategy.
- Coordinate the creation of social media advertising for tourism products in line with the Tourism brands and messaging in conjunction with the Digital Marketing Strategist.
- Liaise with the design team regarding the design of digital marketing material.
- Coordinate and track the budget expenditure for all digital marketing and advertising spend across the Tourism department, ensuring it is kept in line with the monthly and year to date budget.
- Assist the Tourism department with all media and PR activities including proactively sourcing and developing leads to promote RoofClimb, AO Tours and Education.
- Report to the Tourism Manager on a weekly basis the tracked results and measured success of current and recently completed campaigns, marketing activities and PR/Media across the Tourism programs.
To be successful as the Digital Marketing & Communications Coordinator you will have:
- Significant experience in marketing including the creation and delivery of activities in line with the brand’s overall strategic direction. Experience in Tourism marketing will be advantageous;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Marketing or Communications;
- Hands-on experience in a similar role (3+ years);
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Wordpress, email marketing applications and social media advertising platforms;
- Proficiency in Google Analytics;
- Experience in creating and scheduling social media content;
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities;
- Proven customer service skills;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to demonstrate initiative and innovative thinking;
- Experience in creating and scheduling social media content.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure; and
- Proven understanding of the Tourism industry including distribution.
Applications close at 12:00pm on Wednesday, 19 February 2020
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.