Casual Kitchen Stewards
Adelaide Oval, SA
South Australia's leading Hospitality employer, Adelaide Oval, are recruiting Stewards to join our award-winning team!
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). The Oval, a world-class, multi-purpose, 50-thousand seat stadium is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and a significant contributor to the State’s tourism cache with the award winning RoofClimb adventure and behind the scenes tours of the stadium.
AOSMA employs approximately 180 full-time staff, plus 1,800 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of additional venues including, Oval Hotel, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink, (A) Lure Champagne & Seafood Bar and, the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Kitchen Stewards (Casual)
- Take advantage of the opportunity to work a variety of major events.
- Learn a range of new skills and work alongside Australia's leading Hospitality professionals.
Adelaide Oval are seeking experienced Kitchen Stewards to join our fun and professional Kitchen Brigade. Kitchen Stewards provide back of house support to the Kitchen Team and perform integral back of house duties including; cleaning dishes and maintaining the cleanliness of kitchens and kitchen equipment.
- Adhering to all AOSMA policies and procedures; including WHS and HACCP.
- Cleaning large volumes of dishes for an extended period using both manual and commercial dishwashing equipment.
- Cleaning and sanitising all food storage areas, floors, cool rooms, freezers, ovens and other equipment.
- Transferring/allocating and organising other equipment around the Stadium.
- Maintaining cleaning schedules; daily, monthly and quarterly cleaning checklists.
- Responsible for the safe removal of rubbish and recycling of both wet and dry kitchen waste to designated areas.
- Applying commercial chemicals correctly.
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role (eg// Kitchen Hand or Dish Washer).
- A strong work ethic and a passion for the Hospitality industry.
- Ability to maintain high workloads and meet deadlines within specified time frames.
- Fun can do attitude coupled with excellent communication and listening skills.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Flexibility to work over a 7-day roster, including nights.
- RSA and Food Hygiene/Food Safety qualifications are mandatory.
To be successful for a position at Adelaide Oval, applicants must possess their Food Handling and Responsible Service Alcohol certificate's (candidates must attach both certificates on application.)
It is essential that applicants for these positions are available for a variety of shifts including weekends and Game/Event days (go to www.adelaideoval.com.au to check 2020 Events).
Applications close at Wednesday 19th February, 2020.