Special Events Sales Coordinator
About Adelaide Oval
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). The Oval, a world-class, multi-purpose, 50-thousand seat stadium is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and a significant contributor to the State’s tourism cache with the award winning RoofClimb adventure and behind the scenes tours of the stadium.
AOSMA employs approximately 180 full-time staff, plus 1,800 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of additional venues including, the recently opened Oval Hotel, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink and, the MaltShovel Taphouse.
Special Events Sales Coordinator Maternity Leave Contract
This position will report directly to the Adelaide Oval Function and Events Sales Manager and work alongside a high performing and dynamic team of designated Sales, Marketing and Hospitality Operations teams. You will be a passionate team player who encompasses all of the attributes complementary of a successful business minded sales professional. You will be a high performing individual who can manage competing demands effectively in a high pressure fast paced environment. You will have experience in Corporate and Government as well as a vast knowledge with Weddings and Social.
This position is accountable for the following:
- Managing an extensive annual event portfolio including engaging with current clients while growing business portfolio.
- Building strong client relationships by proactively ensuring end-to-end handling of special events including undertaking site inspections/meet and greets, client following ups and general maintenance of client accounts.
- Ensuring customer accounts are accurate and ready for delivery through the management of the quotation and contract issue process.
- Liaising with Hospitality departments and Central Audio Visual to ensure effective delivery of client needs.
- Coordination of Event Orders, event checklists and floor plans.
- Conduct site inspections and venue tours to showcase the Adelaide Oval to potential clients.
- Maximising revenue with events by considering aspects of set ups and stadium protocols.
- Understanding the impact of sporting & major event dates on Function & Events availability calendar.
- Driving revenue to the Adelaide Oval Hospitality business’s and Adelaide Oval in general.
- The introduction and implementation of new and innovative ideas to generate revenue.
- Other duties that assigned from time to time that require event/function coordinator acumen.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an event planning/coordinator role.
- Relevant qualifications in Sales or Event Management.
- Proven ability to successfully coordinate special events including but limited to Corporate, Government, Social and Weddings.
- Confident and effective communicator with well developed negotiation skills.
- Strong Hospitality background an advantage, with operational experience within Food and Beverage industry.
- Excellent customer service skills with a vibrant personality, professional and always well-presented.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including an exceptional phone manner.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative in building and managing an extensive annual event portfolio, with a passion for growing business.
- A creative mindset that shows innovation and out of the box thinking.
- Exceptional time management skills, with a strong ability to work to deadlines and multi-task.
Please note that out of hours work is a requirement of this role.
Applications close at 9:30am on Friday 30 October 2020
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.