Venue Presentations Officer
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). The Oval, a world-class, multi-purpose 53-thousand seat stadium is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and is a significant contributor to the State’s tourism assets with the award winning RoofClimb and Stadium tours.
AOSMA employs approximately 180 full-time staff, plus 1,500 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees a number of additional venues including, Oval Hotel, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink, (A)Lure and the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Venue Presentations Officer
The Venue Presentations Officer will be responsible for overseeing the delivery and execution of Adelaide Oval's high standard of cleanliness and hygiene. This is not a run of the mill office job; day to day you will be very hands-on with ensuring the venue's presentation is up to scratch while working closely with our contracted cleaning provider and contracted waste management provider.
As the Venue Presentations Officer, you will drive the effective use of renewable and recyclable resources, in addition to minimising energy, water use and waste generation in accordance to Adelaide Oval's Sustainability Management Plan. As such, this role requires someone who is very organised, has outstanding attention to detail and understands the importance venue presentations plays in patron experience.
What you'll be doing
- Managing all cleaning processes throughout the venue and provide recommendations to ensure the venue is presented to the highest possible standards.
- Developing strong relationships with the venue's contracted cleaning and waste providers and communicating requirements and feedback when required.
- Ensuring all cleaning checklists are in place and are being managed effectively and conduct daily inspections to ensure adherence to standards.
- Overseeing waste management processes for the venue.
- Developing a comprehensive knowledge of all areas of the venue including public areas, function rooms, kitchens and back-of-house areas and understand the cleaning and hygiene requirements of each.
- Undertaking “hands-on” cleaning duties on an ad-hoc basis when appropriate.
- Developing and implementing a strict stock control process for cleaning products and relevant consumables.
- Management and oversight of the cleaning budget including negotiating cleaning and supplier quotes.
- Ensure compliance with WHS and hygiene regulations in respect to cleaning.
- Set and maintain achievable cleaning standards for event day cleaners (e.g what is expected for event/post cleans, etc) and oversee all match day cleaning operations.
- Provide constructive feedback and offer solutions to the cleaning contractor in order to maximise cleaning output.
What you will bring
- Demonstrated experience in managing the cleaning operations of a medium to large public venue or sporting arena.
- Thorough understanding of cleaning practices as well as a comprehensive knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with reporting and an ability to anticipate the needs, risk/reaction in event planning.
- Strong negotiation skills and a strong understanding of the administration of cleaning contracts
- Proven experience with establishing excellent stakeholder relationships.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills (using Microsoft Office).
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to demonstrate strong financial and budgetary skills.
- Be able to work under pressure, maintain high workloads and meet deadlines within specified time frames.
- A proficiency in WHS requirements to promote a safe work environments.
Out of hours work is a requirement of this role, in line with the business operations of Adelaide Oval. This includes working weekends, nights and on Major Event Days at Adelaide Oval.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.