Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city. The Oval is both hallowed and iconic.
The Oval is a world-class, multi-purpose, 50-thousand seat stadium and is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and is also significant contributor to the State’s tourism cache with the award winning RoofClimb adventure and behind the scenes tours of the stadium.
AOSMA employs approximately 180 full-time staff, plus 1,800 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink and the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Hospitality Supervisor are responsible for the profitable delivery of the Hospitality business at Adelaide Oval and external venues, including but not limited to, Adelaide Oval Functions & Events, and Corporate Suites & Facilities.
What you will be doing:
- Operational delivery of customer requirements within budget.
- Leading the FOH team members from the front to achieve their goal.
- Ensure all details of functions are followed according to the event brief and meets client expectations.
- Liaising with floor and kitchen teams to ensure smooth delivery of event.
- Supervision of the daily delivery of hospitality services to maximise profitability.
- Recruitment and supervision of staff members including induction and training as required.
- Liaising directly with Sales teams providing exceptional customer service.
- General administration.
- This is a hands on role.
What you will be responsible for:
- Driving the profitable delivery of all Hospitality services within the Hospitality Portfolio at Adelaide Oval (including match day) and external venues.
- Delivery of best practice Food and Beverage at a world class venue.
- Providing hands on leadership to the division on match days.
- The implementation of new and innovative ideas to generate revenue.
- The accurate and timely preparation of reports and forecasting as required including (but not limited to stocktakes and wage control).
- The maximization of human resources.
- Ensuring the correct use of inventory control systems, purchasing and delivery of supplies through supply options.
- Provide feedback on staff and guest experiences.
- Line staff recruitment.
- Compliance of AOSMA responsibilities within Responsible Service of Alcohol, WHS, HACCP and other house policies.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience in the Food and Beverage industry, preferably with significant convention, entertainment, five star or casino environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- The ability to demonstrate strong leadership, and manage a large and diverse workforce.
- Relevant qualifications in Food and Beverage or Business Management.
- Supervisory experience in a similar role.
Out of hours work is a requirement of this role, in line with the business operations of Adelaide Oval. This includes weekend work and working on Major Event Days at Adelaide Oval.