Security Services Officer
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). The Oval, a world-class, multi-purpose 53-thousand seat stadium is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and is a significant contributor to the State’s tourism assets with the award winning RoofClimb and Stadium tours.
AOSMA employs approximately 180 full-time staff, plus 1,500 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees a number of additional venues including, Oval Hotel, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink, (A)Lure and, the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Security Services Officer
We are currently seeking an experienced a Security Services Officer to work in the Security team at Adelaide Oval to ensure that staff and visitors are provided with a comprehensive security service that enables a safe and secure environment.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Staff the security control room and ensure the effective daily operation of all Security Systems including CCTV, Access Control and Fire Panel requirements
- Carry out internal and external patrols of the premises, checking doors and locks, identifying maintenance issues, potential breaches of security or unusual occurrences
- Be familiar with emergency codes and procedures and respond as directed
- Be the emergency services point of contact in the absence of the Security Manager/ Senior Security Supervisor
- Manage internal and external customer requests with a “can do” approach and ensure all tasks are allocated correctly and completed within the required time frame
- Use the Building Management System (BMS) when required
- Compliance with Work Health and Safety requirements including but not limited to being the first point of contact for WHS incident reporting and ensuring all hazards, risks and incidents are entered into Kwiklook reporting system
- Assist with collating information of all Kwiklook related incident reports to facilitate and conduct effective investigations and escalate to WHS Manager when required
- Provide first aid response when required
- Facilitate the contractor management process
- Conduct routine security administration including the issue of staff and visitor ID cards
- Maintain all security related equipment and working areas to a high standard of cleanliness and safety and ensure all defects are reported
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Considerable experience in a similar role.
- A valid security and Investigations license for South Australia with endorsement; including being approved to act as a crowd Controller for Premises Licensed under the Liquor Licensing Act
- Hold valid and current Provide First Aid HLTAID003 certificate
- Proven experience in managing Access Control, CCTV and Key Management Systems including security alarm systems, including access / egress, building automation management systems
- Proven experience and knowledge in Emergency Management
- Demonstrated experience with working at large events and dealing with the large crowds
- A proficiency in WHS requirements to promote a safe work environment
- Sound communication skills with a customer focus
- Enthusiastic and motivated attitude with a strong work ethic
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills
- Excellent data entry skills and attention to detail
This position will have variable start and finish times, rotating through a roster that includes dayshifts/nightshifts. Please note that out of hours work will be requirement of this role, in line with the business operations of Adelaide Oval, including weekends and public holidays.
Due to the nature of this role, all candidates will have or be willing to submit for a National Police Clearance or Crim Trac National Criminal History Check and Working with Children Check.
Applications close at 12:00pm on Monday, 12 April 2021.