Casual Guest Service Agent
Set at the iconic Adelaide Oval, Oval Hotel is a premium boutique hotel in the heart of the city of Adelaide.
Wrapping gently around the eastern façade of the stadium and integrating seamlessly with the existing architecture, each room at Oval Hotel enjoys sweeping parkland views, custom furnishings and intuitive technology.
As Australia’s first stadium hotel, we exist to harness the magic of our awe-inspiring location and create memorable experiences for our guests within the hotel, stadium and beyond. Guests can dine overlooking the hallowed turf at the award-winning Five Regions Restaurant or Bespoke Wine Bar & Kitchen, revel in the excitement of a major sporting or cultural event at Adelaide Oval, take in the city skyline on a RoofClimb and more.
In joining the Oval Hotel team, you are part of a vibrant organisation that encompasses all of these brands and oversees hospitality services for several offsite venues including Monarto Safari Park, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Koffee Ink, (A)Lure and the Maltshovel Taphouse.
Casual Guest Service Agent
The key focus of the Casual Guest Service Agent is to deliver a high standard of exceptional and personalised customer service to guests at the Oval Hotel. Whether it is helping our Front Desk Team to check in guests, the successful candidate will thrive in the environment of wearing many different hats.
As an important role in providing assistance to Oval Hotel guests, you will be warm, welcoming and "guest obsessed", all while ensuring the presentation of the Oval Hotel is at the highest quality.
What you'll be doing
- Support the Front Office Team with various tasks and duties.
- Process reservations for accommodation, restaurant dining & event day bookings.
- Accurately and efficiently process booking payments including any amendments and provide confirmation details to guests.
- Delivering exceptional customer service - respond to guest requests promptly, efficiently and courteously.
- Effectively coordinating of all guest arrival and departure procedures.
- Assisting with day to day activities of the reception area and ensure the area is presented in a pristine manner.
- Maintaining a proactive approach to complaint handling and be confident in resolving issues.
- Being present at the Concierge/Reception desk or in the lobby in anticipation to assist guests, colleagues and visitors.
- Responding to guest requests and queries providing a knowledgeable, efficient and helpful information service.
- Maintaining immaculate personal presentation and a welcoming presence.
Your skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you must be able to meet or be capable of meeting the following criteria:
- Significant experience in guest services, with a proven track record of customer service excellence.
- Impeccable grooming and presentation.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Previous experience with using a Property Management System (PMS) such as Opera.
- Strong administrative skills, with confidence in using Microsoft Office Suite.
- The ability to work autonomously and demonstrate strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong organisational and proven time management skills.
- Lateral thinker with strong problem-solving capabilities and flexibility of approach.
- Unrestricted Full Drivers License.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (Desired).
Please note that this positions will require someone who is flexible with their hours and can work weekdays, weekends and public holidays.
For more information, visit our website: https://www.ovalhotel.com.au/
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.