Sous Chef - Hospitality
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city. The Oval is both hallowed and iconic.
The Oval is a world-class, multi-purpose, 50-thousand seat stadium and is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and is also significant contributor to the State’s tourism cache with the award winning RoofClimb adventure and behind the scenes tours of the stadium.
AOSMA employs approximately 180 full-time staff, plus 1,800 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink and the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Sous Chef - Hospitality
We have an exciting opportunity for a enthusiastic Sous Chef to support the Executive Chef and greater Kitchen Brigade to lead the success of Adelaide Oval. Along with the Executive Chef, you will be overseeing the kitchen operations across multiple function rooms and corporate suites. The Sous Chef will play an integral role in the kitchen team and the successful applicant must have proven hands on experience in a busy venue that thrives on providing exceptional food.
What you will be doing:
- Leading the Kitchen team and providing hands on support.
- Planning and coordination of Food operations in consultation with other department managers to achieve short and long term business objectives.
- Working with Kitchen staff on the introduction and implementation of new and innovative menus to generate revenue and meet customer expectations.
- Ensuring the correct use of inventory control systems, purchasing and delivery of supplies through supply options, suppliers, product quality, cost levels and contract negotiations.
- Management of assigned HACCP (food hygiene) plan.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Trade qualified Chef (5+ years experience).
- Experience of working in the Food and Beverage industry, preferably within a stadium.
- Assisting in writing menus and the implementation of menu and function packages.
- Management of a Functions and Events Kitchen Brigade.
- Major event and public catering.
- Multi-function Food and Beverage operations.
- Ability to maintain high workloads, and meet deadlines within specified time frames.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and management skills.
What's in it for you:
The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $75,000
While working at the iconic Adelaide Oval, you’ll be rewarded for contributing to the delivery of World Class events through our suite of reward and recognition initiatives. To help you kick goals while working with us, you’ll have access to staff benefits including:
- Discounts across Adelaide Oval, RoofClimb and Oval Hotel.
- Paid Parental Leave (over and above the Government PPL scheme).
- Subsidised car parking
- Health & Wellness programs
- Training & development opportunities
- Private Health corporate discounts
Out of hours work is a requirement of this role, in line with the business operations.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.