Casual Cafe & Hospitality Attendants - Monarto Safari Park
Monarto Safari Park, Adelaide Hills
Monarto Safari Park
Monarto Safari Park is close to both the expanding towns of Murray Bridge and Mount Barker and Located 70km east of Adelaide. Monarto Safari Park is a natural wildlife sanctuary and one of the world’s largest open range zoos. Monarto began in 1983 as a closed special purpose breeding and pasture area and opened to the public in 1993 and is now a recognised bio-park. Monarto Safari Park covers 1,500 hectares and is home to a collection of more than 40 exotic and native animal species.
With the opening of the accommodation facilities and new Visitor Centre by 2022, we are looking for more people to join the team to be part of the redevelopment. We’re building a first-of-its-kind luxury resort and glamping facilities. You will be able to sleep nestled in the wilderness under a blanket of stars or retreat to luxury after a day of exploring the park, the expansion includes a luxury resort, conference, function and restaurant spaces, as well as luxury eco-glamping facilities.
- 7 day a week operation
- Based at Monarto Safari Park
- Services the Monarto Safari Park Café & Water Hole function room
Casual Café & Hospitality Attendants
We are seeking a number of casual Hospitality Attendants to to join our Monarto Hospitality team. Our Monarto team members are responsible for the effective day-to-day running of the Monarto Safari Park café. The Zoo Cafe' is fast-paced and offers a selection of food and beverages prepared both on site and off site. Our Hospitality Attendants also provide ad-hoc catering services such as BBQ's and function services to specific locations around the Zoo. Peak periods of work are of course during the school holiday and summer periods. The café operates 7 days per week all year round with minimum shifts of 3 hours.
Want to have a roaring time!! This is a great opportunity to join a small team and work close to home!
In particular we are seeking those with experience in:
- Café experience including coffee making.
- Food preparation including using a deep fryer.
- POS & Cash handling.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Food safety knowledge and adherence to HACCP guidelines.
- Availability for shifts across a 7 day roster.
- Table waiting experience (advantage but not essential).
It is a requirement of this role that employees have their own transport to and from Monarto Safari Park site as public transport is not available. Employees must also obtain a valid Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate. Applicants with existing qualifications will be highly regarded.
To be successful you will have:
- A passion for working in hospitality.
- Excellent personal presentation and customer service skills.
- Be able to follow reasonable instructions in a safe and timely manner.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Reliable and punctual attendance.
- A positive 'can do' attitude and team approach.
- Availability to work shifts at Monarto Safari Park during peak periods e.g. weekends, school holidays & public holidays.
- RSA and Food Hygiene Qualifications (preferable).
Be a CHIMPION and apply now.