Human Resources Lead
About the business
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is a not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that was established in July 2014. ARRCS operate residential aged care facilities and community care support programs within communities across the Northern Territory including Darwin, Alice Springs, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Mutitjulu and Docker River.
About the role
Reporting to the Regional Manager – People, Safety and Innovation, the People Operations Lead will be join the team to provide functional Human Resource and Work Health Safety leadership to support our Residential and Community Managers across the NT. Our goal is to manage the cultural change to the organisation to modernise and drive new systems and processes throughout 2020 in the areas of People, Learning and Safety to automate and centralise the way we work to reduce manual and duplicated processes across our business.
This is a great opportunity and a newly created role on a 12 Month Contract, you will coach and lead a small team consisting of HR and Recruitment Advisors, ensuring timely resolutions for all People and Safety service requests. You will be the spot fire expert and be a optimistic go getter who is able to engage stakeholders, coach leaders and collaboratively coordinate, support priorities to manage varying requests from our business leaders, whilst identifying areas of opportunity to drive efficiency, deliver projects for the workforce plan and streamline People and Safety processes.
This role will suit a person who enjoys variety and where no two days will be the same, you are able to structure your day on the fly but also manage and set yourself clear timeframes and truly find out the “How and Why”. Where required, you’ll be able to get out and see the Northern Territory as this role will require some ad-hoc overnight Travel to Alice Springs and our Remote Sites.
Our People and Safety functions work hand in hand and you will have demonstrated experience in developing and refreshing HR and Safety Policy, Procedures and processes, Case Management involving Unions, Conducting workplace audits and invigorating the HSR Committee meetings whilst Interpreting the Enterprise Agreement.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience in a generalist Senior HR Advisor / Business Partner/ Manager role (minimum of 5+ years) with a generalist skillset
- Demonstrated success in HR partnering (including talent, policy advice, performance and remuneration) with stakeholders to achieve business objectives through the People Workforce Plan.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to balance workload and conflicting priorities, plan and make decisions.
- Certificate IV or Diploma in Work Health Safety (Desirable) or 3 years relevant experience
- Sound project management, planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong written, computer, analytical, problem-solving and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of and complete commitment to confidentiality.
Benefits and perks
As ARRCS is a Not for Profit organisation, we have great benefits including;
- CBB Salary Packaging - Tax-free money to pay debts such as Rent & Mortgage
- Wellness & Employee Support Services
Experience working in a remote location and with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people will be highly regarded.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply.
If relocating, an additional benefit available - Territory Incentive
The Northern Territory provides relocation assistance for those people who meet the High Priority Occupation list and eligibility requirements. For a single, this can be a $3000 additional benefit, more for families. Take a look online https://theterritory.com.au/live/register