Personal Care Worker
About the business
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is a not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that was established in July 2014 to operate residential care facilities and community care programs in the Northern Territory. The services were previously managed by Frontier Services.
ARRCS is a service group of Uniting Care Queensland – the health and community service provider of the Uniting Church, and is supported by Blue Care – also part of Uniting Care Queensland and one of Australia's leading residential and community aged care providers in Australia.
With over 750 staff across the Northern Territory, we are a true community partner and our team members live our values of Compassion, Justice, Respect, Working Together, and Leading through Learning.
About the role
At Old Timers Aged Care Service in Alice Springs, we understand the importance of emotional, cultural and spiritual wellbeing and respect individual choice and independence for the people we support. We currently have 68 residential beds and 36 independent living units adjacent to the facility.
We have multiple casual opportunities for a Personal Care workers to join our team at Old Timers & Flynn Lodge, Alice Springs. In this role you will be responsible for providing care and support to Elders in a residential home, undertake cleaning duties, participate and supervise Elders on outings and assist Elders with their hygiene, mobility, meals and activities
Skills & experience
- A Certificate Level 3 in Aged Care, Disability or Home and Community Care
- 24/7 availability to work across a shift work roster
- Demonstrated experience in assisting elders with the activities of daily living in an Aged Care setting
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working in a remote location will be highly regarded
- Ability to manage and work within a culturally diverse team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to undertake a range of manual handling functions related to the role
- Must have a current National Police Check, First Aid Certificate, OCHRE card, influenza vaccination and NT Drivers’ License or a willingness to obtain prior to commencing
Benefits and perks
As ARRCS is a Not for Profit organisation, we have great benefits including;
- Casual loading & penalties for shift work
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 17.5% leave loading
- Wellness & Employee Support Services
Experience working in a remote location and with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people will be highly regarded.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply.