Customer Service and Administration Officer – North
Autism SA is a leading provider of services to individuals and families living with Autism Spectrum Disorder in Australia, and is seeking to employ a Customer Service and Administration Officer – North, to join our Business Support/Infrastructure team. Following an induction period at our Netley office, the role will be based in Elizabeth.
Experience managing timetables or schedules and the provision of high quality customer service in a friendly, efficient and effective manner is vital to the success of the role. This is a fast paced role that requires exceptional administration, time management and organisational skills, as well as the ability to work autonomously.
The Customer Service and Administration Officer is also responsible for:
- providing a professional and responsive first point of contact for all stakeholders
- providing non-clinical information and advice to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their families/carers
- preparation of NDIS claims
- ensuring that timetables are maintained in our database
- ensuring that all records are kept up to date
- general office administration
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- Delivering effective and timely administration services
- Working with a range of databases including Client Records Management Systems
- Proficient in the use of computers and relevant software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience in developing timetables and/or schedules in a complex/changing environment
- Experience in the not for profit sector and an understanding of disability services
- Experience in a clinical/allied health environment
This position is a 6 month fixed term contract initially, with the possibility of extension.
Applications including a resume, statement addressing the position description and the contact details of 3 referees are required.
Significant staff benefits are available under Autism SA’s current Enterprise Agreement including salary packaging.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory DSCI screening.
Applications close: Friday 27th January 2017 at 5pm
Interviews anticipated: Early February 2017