Relief Plant Operator - Alpha
Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your Resume/CV with the name and contact number of 2 work Referees;
- A Cover Letter;
- Copies of any relevant Certificates and Qualifications (if applicable).
Please note: You will need to provide your response to the Selection Criteria (SC) as part of your application. Please have your responses to the SC (outlined below) ready to go as you will not be able to "save" your application to complete at a later time.
Closing date: Thursday, 31 October at 11:30 p.m.
Please scroll down to complete your application
What's on Offer?
Overview: Barcaldine Regional Council has a vacancy for an experienced Relief Plant Operator to join the Construction and Maintenance team in Alpha. The successful applicant will be required to operate various plant items within Council's fleet (including but not limited to tractors, rollers, graders, backhoes, and excavators).
Location: This position is based in Alpha with Regional Work and Travel as required.
Classification Level: Level 5-6 of the Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream B) Award - State 2017 and Barcaldine Regional Council Certified Agreement 2018
Wage: $54, 340 - 55, 562 per annum + Superannuation and relevant approved allowances
Payment of Wages: Council employees are paid fortnightly
Hours of work: 76 hours over 9 days with a rostered day off every fortnight
Leave: Five (5) weeks annual leave per annum + 17.5% loading - Council has a mandatory Close Down over the Christmas and New Year period. Employees are required to take Annual Leave over this period.
Fifteen (15) days Personal Leave (sick leave) per annum.
Equal Opportunity: Barcaldine Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and all suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Selection will be based on an Assessment of any Applicant's ability to demonstrate their successful past performance, or their perceived abilities to be able to successfully perform and deliver services, against the following: -
- Demonstrated recent experience in operating plant items in a safe and efficient manner;
- Demonstrated ability to safely and effectively participate in hazardous manual tasks and activities such as lifting, digging, shovelling and the use of powered tools;
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited supervision, exercising leadership, initiative and sound judgement;
- Demonstrated sound problem solving skills with the ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service and possesses a general understanding of Quality Assurance and Environmental procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to cooperatively work in a team environment, contributing positively to team operations;
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (written and verbal), and well developed interpersonal skills; and
- Demonstrated a good understanding of how to maintain a safe working environment, and commitment to Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How To Apply?
- Have your Resume/CV with 2 work Referees ready to go.
- Have your answers to the SC above ready to go. (For tips on how to address Selection Criteria, please see “Information for Applicants” document on Council’s Employment Page).
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'
- You will then be prompted to attach your Resume, Cover Letter and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
For more Information please contact Regional HR Officer, Ms Lenny Trueman on 07 4651 5614 or email email@example.com