Personal Care Assistant
Alpha and Jericho
Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your current Resume/CV;
- The name and contact number of 2 work Referees;
- A Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria (SC) of the position – the SC are outlined below ; and
- Copies of any relevant Certificates and Qualifications.
Closing Date: Friday, 29 November 2019 at 11:30 p.m.
What's on Offer?
Overview: Barcaldine Regional Council is looking for 2 dedicated Personal Care Assistants (PCAs) who have a strong focus on resident wellbeing to join our Alpha and Jericho Community Care Services Team. Applicants must have a positive and professional work ethic with dedication and commitment to provide high quality care. We are looking for candidates that are flexible and can work various shifts.
Location: One position will be based in Alpha and the other position will be based in Jericho. Regional work and travel will be required.
Classification Level: Level 1 of the Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream B) Award – State 2017 - Division 2 - Section 1 and the Barcaldine Regional Council Certified Agreement 2018
Hourly rate: $32.01 per hour (this rate includes the casual loading of 23%) + Superannuation and relevant approved allowances
Payment of Wages: Council employees are paid fortnightly
Hours of work: Between 3-32 hours per week depending on operational requirements
Superannuation: Council will pay superannuation contributions on your behalf to a complying Superannuation Fund, based on 9.5% of salary for the first 12 months. After 12 months of continuous employment with Council, it is compulsory for employees to contribute 6% of their salary. At this time, Council’s contribution will increase to 12% in accord with the Local Government Act 2009 and Local Government Regulation 2012.
Equal Opportunity: Barcaldine Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and all suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Selection will be based on an Assessment of any Applicant's ability to demonstrate their successful past performance, or their perceived abilities to be able to successful perform and deliver services, against the following: -
- Demonstrated ability to deliver successful outcomes, or have an assessed capacity to deliver general and personal services support;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and understands the responsibilities of respecting individual’s privacy;
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited supervision whilst exercising initiative, judgement and the ability to plan and manage own time;
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior, friendly and professional customer service;
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (interpersonal, written and verbal);
- Demonstrated ability to cooperatively work in a team environment, contributing positively to team operations;
- Sound computer skills and experience in the use of Microsoft Office; and
- Demonstrated a good understanding of how to maintain a safe working environment, and commitment to Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Completion of a National Criminal History Check to Council’s satisfaction; and
- Completion of a Pre-employment Medical Examination to Council’s satisfaction.
How To Apply?
- Have your Resume/CV with 2 work Referees ready to go.
- Have your Cover Letter addressing the SC above ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next' (For tips on how to address Selection Criteria, please see “Information for Applicants” document on Council’s Employment Page).
- You'll then be prompted to attach your Resume, Cover Letter and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
For more Information please contact Regional HR Officer, Ms Lenny Trueman on 07 4651 5614 or email email@example.com