Executive Support Officer
Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your Resume/CV with the name and contact number of 2 work Referees;
- A Cover Letter;
- Copies of any relevant Certificates and Qualifications (if applicable).
Please note: You will need to provide your response to the Selection Criteria (SC) as part of your application. Please have your responses to the SC (outlined below) ready to go as you will not be able to "save" your application to complete at a later time.
Closing date: Friday, 22 November 2019 at 11:30 p.m.
Please scroll down to complete your application
What's on Offer?
Overview: Barcaldine Regional Council is looking for a highly organised, friendly, customer focussed professional to fill the role of Executive Support Officer. This position will provide a range of secretarial and administrative support to the Executive Office and Council's HR Function. This position requires a high degree of judgement, initiative, confidentiality and sensitivity in the performance of work. Previous experience in an administrative role is essential.
Location: This position is based in the Barcaldine Executive Office with Regional work and travel as required.
Classification Level: Minimum Level 3.1 of the Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream A) Award - State 2017 - Division 2 - Section 1 and Barcaldine Regional Council Certified Agreement 2018
Wage: $60, 632 per annum + Superannuation (up to 12%) and relevant approved allowances
Payment of Wages: Council employees are paid fortnightly
Hours of work: 72.5 hours over 9 days with a rostered day off every fortnight
Leave: Five (5) weeks annual leave per annum + 17.5% loading. Fifteen (15) days Personal Leave (sick leave) per annum.
Equal Opportunity: Barcaldine Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and all suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Selection will be based on an Assessment of any Applicant's ability to demonstrate their successful past performance, or their perceived abilities to be able to successfully perform and deliver services, against the following: -
- Demonstrated recent experience in providing clerical and administrative support with sound knowledge of administration practices and procedures;
- Demonstrated the ability to provide efficient, friendly and professional customer service to internal and external clients with the willingness to go above and beyond;
- Demonstrated well developed communication skills (written and verbal) and well developed interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated well developed self-management and time management skills with the ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated sound problem solving skills with the ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and contributing positively in a team environment;
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office Suite, records management systems and internal computer systems;
- Demonstrated commitment to Workplace Health and Safety with a good understanding of how to maintain a safe working environment.
- Completion of a National Criminal History Check to Council’s satisfaction; and
- Completion of a Pre-employment Medical Examination to Council’s satisfaction.
How To Apply?
- Have your Resume/CV with 2 work Referees ready to go.
- Have your answers to the SC above ready to go. (For tips on how to address Selection Criteria, please see “Information for Applicants” document on Council’s Employment Page).
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'
- You will then be prompted to attach your Resume, Cover Letter and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
For more Information please contact Regional HR Officer, Ms Lenny Trueman on 07 4651 5614 or email firstname.lastname@example.org