Trainee Administration Officer - Barcaldine
Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your Resume/CV with the name and contact number of 2 work Referees;
- A Cover Letter;
- Copies of any relevant Certificates and Qualifications (if applicable).
Please note: You will need to provide your response to the Selection Criteria (SC) as part of your application. Please have your responses to the SC (outlined below) ready to go as you will not be able to "save" your application to complete at a later time.
Closing date: Friday, 29 November 2019 at 11:30 p.m.
Please scroll down to complete your application
What's on Offer?
Overview: Council is offering a Full Time Traineeship opportunity within the Barcaldine Administration Office. This is an exciting opportunity to gain work experience and be supported through a structured training program over a fixed term contract of 12 months to gain a Certificate III in Business Administration. This is an entry level position and suitable for individuals with limited work experience and limited qualifications. This Traineeship position is partly funded by the First Start Program, one of the Programs that make up the Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative. The First Start Program primarily targets young Queensland school leavers and disadvantaged job seekers considered at risk of enduring prolonged periods of unemployment.
To be eligible, disadvantaged Queensland job seekers must be from a target group and be:
- Aged 15 years or older and no longer at school;
- Able to meet citizen, residency and visa requirements to undertake a traineeship; and
- Not have already undertaken a qualification since 2015/2016 with the benefit of a First Start Program incentive.
Target groups include:
- Young people (aged 15–24 years)
- Long-term unemployed job seekers
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Mature-age job seekers (45 years or older)
- Migrants and refugees from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- People with disability
- Displaced workers
- Women re-entering the workforce
- Veterans, ex-ADF personnel and their families.
Location: This position is based in the Barcaldine Administration Office.
Classification Level: Wage Level A of the Training Wage Award - State 2012 and the Barcaldine Regional Council Certified Agreement 2018
Wage: Dependent on school level plus relevant approved allowances
Payment of Wages: Council employees are paid fortnightly
Hours of work: 72.5 hours over 9 days with a rostered day off every fortnight
Leave: Five (5) weeks annual leave per annum + 17.5% loading. Fifteen (15) days Personal Leave (sick leave) per annum.
Superannuation: Council will pay superannuation contributions on your behalf to a complying Superannuation Fund, based on 9.5% of salary for the first 12 months. After 12 months of continuous employment with Council, it is compulsory for employees to contribute 6% of salary. At this time, Council’s contribution will increase to 12% in accord with the Local Government Act 2009 and Local Government Regulation 2012.
Equal Opportunity: Barcaldine Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and all suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Selection will be based on an Assessment of any Applicant's ability to demonstrate their successful past performance, or their perceived abilities to be able to successfully perform and deliver services, against the following: -
- Demonstrated basic knowledge, or have an assessed capacity to acquire knowledge of administrative practices and procedures;
- Demonstrated the ability to provide friendly and professional customer service to internal and external clients;
- Demonstrated basic written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated the ability to cooperatively work in a team environment;
- Demonstrated IT skills with experience using Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Demonstrated an understanding of how to maintain a safe working environment.
Please note: This Traineeship opportunity is made available by Barcaldine Regional Council with the assistance of Government funding. Certain information (including date of birth) is required from applicants to confirm eligibility for participation.
- Completion of a National Criminal History Check to Council’s satisfaction; and
- Completion of a Pre-employment Medical Examination to Council’s satisfaction.
How To Apply?
- Have your Resume/CV with 2 work Referees ready to go.
- Have your answers to the SC above ready to go. (For tips on how to address Selection Criteria, please see “Information for Applicants” document on Council’s Employment Page).
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'
- You will then be prompted to attach your Resume, Cover Letter and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
For more Information please contact Regional HR Officer, Ms Lenny Trueman on 07 4651 5614 or email email@example.com