Maintenance Supervisor - Barcaldine
Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your Resume/CV with the name and contact number of 2 work Referees;
- A Cover Letter;
- Copies of any relevant Certificates and Qualifications (if applicable).
Please note: You will need to provide your response to the Selection Criteria (SC) as part of your application. Please have your responses to the SC (outlined below) ready to go as you will not be able to "save" your application to complete at a later time.
Closing date: Friday, 28 February 2020 at 11:30 p.m.
Please scroll down to complete your application
What's on Offer?
Overview: An opportunity exists for a hardworking, motivated individual to fill the role of Maintenance Supervisor. This is an entry level position so supervisory experience is not necessary, however, knowledge and recent experience in civil construction activities is required. The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing on-site operations, planning and coordinating minor works to ensure that Projects are running as scheduled, specifications are met, quality is carried to the highest standard, and safe working practices are maintained.
Location: This position is based in Barcaldine with Regional Work and Travel as required.
Classification Level: Level 3 the Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream A) Award - State 2017 and Barcaldine Regional Council Certified Agreement 2018
Wage: $62,140 per annum + Superannuation (up to 12%) and relevant approved allowances
Payment of Wages: Council employees are paid fortnightly
Hours of work: 76 hours over 9 days with a rostered day off every fortnight
Leave: Five (5) weeks annual leave per annum + 17.5% loading. Fifteen (15) days Personal Leave (sick leave) per annum.
Equal Opportunity: Barcaldine Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and all suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Selection will be based on an Assessment of any Applicant's ability to demonstrate their successful past performance, or their perceived abilities to be able to successfully perform and deliver services, against the following: -
- Demonstrated knowledge and recent experience in civil construction activities;
- Demonstrated ability to lead individuals and small work teams;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a degree of autonomy, judgement and initiative;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions;
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (written and verbal), and well developed interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated well developed time-management, planning and organisation skills with the ability to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service and possesses a sound understanding of Quality Assurance and Environmental procedures; and
- Demonstrated a good understanding of how to maintain a safe working environment, and commitment to Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How To Apply?
- Have your Resume/CV with 2 work Referees ready to go.
- Have your answers to the SC above ready to go. (For tips on how to address Selection Criteria, please see “Information for Applicants” document on Council’s Employment Page).
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'
- You will then be prompted to attach your Resume, Cover Letter and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
For more Information please contact Regional HR Officer, Ms Lenny Trueman on 07 4651 5614 or email email@example.com