Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your current Resume/CV with the name and contact number of 2 work Referees;
- A Cover Letter; and
- Copies of any relevant Licences, Certificates and Qualifications.
Please note: You will need to provide your response to the Selection Criteria (SC) as part of your application below. Please have your responses to the SC (outlined below) ready to go as you will not be able to "save" your application to complete at a later time.
Closing Date: Friday, 28 February 2020 at 11:30 p.m.
Please scroll down to complete your application
What's on Offer?
Overview: Council is searching for a self-motivated, hard working and reliable individual who is ready contribute positively to improving our Great Region. As the Horticulturist, you will lead, develop and supervise all horticultural maintenance tasks and activities to ensure that Council’s parks and gardens are presented to a high standard.
Location: This position is based in Barcaldine with Regional Work and Travel as required
Classification Level: Level 5 of the Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream B) Award – State 2017
Wage: Minimum $55, 692 per annum + Superannuation (up to 12%) and relevant approved allowances
Payment of Wages: Council employees are paid fortnightly
Hours of work: 76 hours over 9 days with a rostered day off (RDO) every fortnight
Leave Entitlements: Five (5) weeks annual leave per annum + 17.5% Loading. Fifteen (15) days Personal Leave (sick leave) per annum.
Equal Opportunity: Barcaldine Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and all suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Selection will be based on an Assessment of any Applicant's ability to demonstrate their successful past performance, or their perceived abilities to be able to successful perform and deliver services, against the following: -
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in horticulture and undertaking gardening maintenance activities;
- Demonstrated ability to safely and effectively participate in hazardous manual tasks and activities such as lifting, digging, shovelling and the use of powered tools;
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited supervision exercising leadership, initiative and sound judgement;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to cooperatively work in a team environment, contributing positively to team operations;
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (written and verbal), and well developed interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service and possesses a general understanding of Quality Assurance and Environmental procedures; and
- Demonstrated a good understanding of how to maintain a safe working environment, and commitment to Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Completion of a National Criminal History Check to Council’s satisfaction; and
- Completion of a Pre-employment Medical Examination to Council’s satisfaction.
How To Apply?
- Have your Resume/CV with 2 work Referees ready to go.
- Have your Cover Letter addressing the SC above ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next' (For tips on how to address Selection Criteria, please see “Information for Applicants” document on Council’s Employment Page).
- You'll then be prompted to attach your Resume, Cover Letter and other documents (Certificates, Licences etc.). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
For more Information please contact Regional HR Officer, Ms Lenny Trueman on 07 4651 5614 or email firstname.lastname@example.org