Planning Enforcement Officer
• Annual remuneration package of $92,434.82 - $100,755.01 (inclusive of 9.5% super)
• Full time, permanent position
• Monthly RDO
About Baw Baw Shire Council
A Baw Baw Shire Council career goes beyond business as usual. You'll find exciting development pathways rich in opportunity. Our thriving and engaged culture-first workplace is built on the passion and talent of people who proudly deliver vital services and exciting projects to a community they care about.
Our organisation comprises of a multicultural workplace of around 400 full-time, part-time and casual employees, all benefiting from great flexibility, work/life sway, study support, health and wellbeing initiatives and ongoing learning and development programs.
At Baw Baw Shire Council, we invite our people to tackle projects that keep them inspired. We encourage the exploration of new ideas. We support the enhancement of building on current skills and developing new ones.
Located adjacent to Melbourne, Baw Baw Shire is one of Victoria's fastest growing municipalities with freeway and V/Line access into Melbourne's CBD and suburbs. This allows easy access to training, seminars and conferences in the city, without diminishing the direct impact that comes from working within a close-knit rural community.
To learn more visit www.bawbawshire.vic.gov.au
About the Role
The Planning Enforcement Officer will be responsible for enhancing the amenity and safety of our community and ensuring compliance with the Baw Baw Planning Scheme, Planning Permits and Section 173 Agreements.
The successful applicant will be customer service focused and will help to educate and advise our community, including developers and business owners, to achieve an increased level of compliance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987 and all relevant planning controls across the municipality.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
• Investigate alleged breaches of the Baw Baw Planning Scheme, Planning Permits and Section 173 Agreements
• Provide appropriate advice and educate the community of their obligations under the provisions of the Baw Baw Planning Scheme, Planning Permits and Section 173 Agreements
• Undertake appropriate enforcement action to remedy any detected breaches, including issuing notices, infringements, and commencing proceedings in the Magistrate’s Court and the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)
• Prepare and present cases for enforcement action on behalf of Council at the Magistrates' Court and in VCAT
• Prepare draft reports with appropriate recommendations for consideration by management
• Review policies and procedures relating to the enforcement of the Baw Baw Planning Scheme and the Planning and Environment Act 1987
This position is currently based in Drouin, however work is undertaken across Baw Baw Shire. A current driver's licence is essential.
Please see Position Description.
Further Information and How To Apply
To apply, please review the position description and complete your application below including a current copy of your resume and a covering letter which addresses the Key Selection Criteria.
Applications close 5pm on Sunday 24 January 2021 and must be submitted through the application form below.
Baw Baw Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer and works in the interest of the safety of children and young people. Our recruitment processes reflect this commitment.