Team Leader Customer Service
- Fast paced, dynamic leadership role in a progressive organisation.
- Full-time, fixed term opportunity until 2022
- $35.10 to $40.67 per hour and monthly RDO
About Baw Baw Shire Council
A Baw Baw Shire Council career goes beyond business as usual. You'll find exciting development pathways rich in opportunity. Our thriving and engaged culture-first workplace is built on the passion and talent of people who proudly deliver vital services and exciting projects to a community they care about.
Our organisation comprises of a multicultural workplace of around 400 full-time, part-time and casual employees, all benefiting from great flexibility, work/life sway, study support, health and wellbeing initiatives and ongoing learning and development programs.
At Baw Baw Shire Council, we invite our people to tackle projects that keep them inspired. We encourage the exploration of new ideas. We support the enhancement of building on current skills and developing new ones.
Located adjacent to Melbourne, Baw Baw Shire is one of Victoria's fastest growing municipalities with freeway and V/Line access into Melbourne's CBD and suburbs. This allows easy access to training, seminars and conferences in the city, without diminishing the direct impact that comes from working within a close-knit rural community.
To learn more visit www.bawbawshire.vic.gov.au
About the Role
Customer Service is looking to offer the right person an opportunity to experience leadership within our busy customer service team. This role is a great step into people leadership if this is a future goal in your career.
The Customer Service Team Leader position is responsible for the day to day leadership of the team and the vast amount of services we supply, they are responsible for the coaching and monitoring to ensure all work is of a high standard. This is a busy and challenging role but also extremely rewarding.
At Baw Baw Shire we are focused on placing the customer first, we strive to be the best at what we do, and this is a required focus in the Team Leader space. We constantly look for improvements that will deliver a more enjoyable and productive experience to our community.
All of Team Baw Baw are committed to creating a culture first environment and that actively promotes and demonstrates above the line behaviours, understanding the importance of each of our cultural commitments – Optimistic, Pragmatic, Supportive, Authentic and Respectful.
About the Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will:
- have great customer service skills - either certified or gained through like experience, understanding the importance of putting the customer first
- continue to develop an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort, adopting a collaborative and flexible approach to problem solving and information sharing
- have the ability to lead, motivate and provide guidance to the Customer Service team.
- have the ability to manage their time well, setting priorities and organising work within the resources available and within a set timeframe.
- be a solutions-based problem solver who takes responsibility for actions, accountable and responsible for their own work performance.
- have the ability to build and nurture strong relationships across all areas of Baw Baw.
The successful candidate will be strongly supported in this role by colleagues and Management.
Further Information and How To Apply
To apply, please review the Position Description and complete your application below including a current copy of your resume and a covering letter which addresses the Key Selection Criteria.
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 26 January 2021 and must be submitted through the application form below.
Baw Baw Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer and works in the interest of the safety of children and young people. Our recruitment processes reflect this commitment.