Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
- Permanent full time position
- Fast paced role with maintenance of Council's garden areas
- Focus on beautification of Blacktown City.
Council is seeking a highly motivated and appropriately qualified and skilled person to work in a small team environment to undertake the maintenance and landscape improvement works of Council's public open space areas. You will be assisting the Maintenance Crews in the servicing and maintaining Councils landscape roadways, verges and other public open space areas. Undertake the maintenance of premier passive open space area to ensuring a high level of quality landscape finish that is safe and attractive to Council's parks and reserves.
Qualifications and experience
- Certificate III Horticulture or equivalent, or satisfactory completion of an indentured Apprenticeship as a Gardener
- Extensive experience in maintenance of gardens and landscaped areas including annuals, exotic, native, high profile gardens, etc
- Chemical Application Accreditation
- Current C class driver’s licence
- Current MR driver’s licence
- Traffic Controller Implementation Accreditation
- First Aid Certificate.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,115.30 - $1,249.20 (Grade 6) per week will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 76 hour working fortnight
- Rostered Day Off (RDO) each fortnight
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 27 September 2019
Contact Officer: Rebecca Watts on 9839 6877
INTERNAL REF: BCC1449