Trainee Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator (female identified role)
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Ballina Shire Council has implemented special measures to achieve gender equality in our operational workforce. As part of Council's targeted recruitment program, this role has been identified as suitable for female applicants only.
We are seeking a motivated and energetic individual with the interest, capacity and commitment to develop knowledge of and a career in water and wastewater treatment operations.
Reporting to the Supervisor Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants, you will be responsible for assisting the section to operate and maintain Council’s water supply and wastewater systems.
The successful applicant will complete a two year traineeship undertaking a course in Water Industry Treatment (in both water and wastewater) and, subject to demonstrated competence, will progress into a Treatment Plant Operator role upon completion. On the job mentoring and support will be provided by Council’s Treatment Plant Operators and Council will cover the cost of course requirements.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect and energetic and safe.
- This is a female identified role. To be considered for employment to the position, applicants must identify as female. Do you identify as female?
- Ability and willingness to undertake Certificate III in Water Industry Treatment, Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator or equivalent under a traineeship arrangement.
- Demonstrated interest, capacity and commitment to develop knowledge of water and wastewater treatment operations including adherence to regulatory, health environmental and safety requirements such knowledge under a traineeship arrangement.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake physical labouring duties.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness and ability to work on call in accordance with roster requirements.
- A commencement annual salary of $50,500 (plus 9.5% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and progression through qualifications.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
11.30pm on Friday 13 August 2021
Thomas Lees | Treatment Plants and Capital Works Engineer | 02 6686 1458
Council has been granted an exemption under section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) in relation to its targeted recruiting programs. For further details please contact Council's Manager People and Culture.
How to apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.