Audio-Visual Production Technician
A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including, libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens & town centre care.
Most recently we’ve added recovery, rebuilding and resilience to the important work we do.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff these may include;
- Rostered day off schemes
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Staff development and award programs
We have an opportunity for an experienced technician to assist in the planning and delivery of audio-visual requirements for the Bega Valley Commemorative Civic Centre; including stage productions, events, functions and other performing arts related activities.
As Audio-Visual Production Technician, you will setup, operate, and pack down audio visual equipment and audio-visual infrastructure for events held in the BVCCC. You will also be responsible for completing site visits and liaise with clients to determine their event requirements for audio-visual and technician support.
We are seeking an individual who has a Dogging High Risk Work (HRW) Licence (Class D) and a NSW Licence to perform rigging.
You will have the following skills and experience;
- Demonstrated 5 years’ experience in professional theatrical production, event and entertainment industry.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in all aspects of stage rigging, lighting, AV and other technical systems.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and time management.
- High level written and verbal communication skills including the ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of competence in the use of computer applications including (but not limited to) Microsoft Office suite and CAD based programs.
This is a casual position working variable hours. Remuneration is $37.68 per hour, plus 9.5% employer superannuation contribution.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information on this position, please contact Georgina Pearce, Bega Valley Commemorative Civic Centre & Bega Valley Regional Learning Centre Coordinator on 02 6499 2462.
Applications close 9am AEDT on 12 March 2021.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.